Animorphs Section > Animorphs Role Playing

Faded Pages OOC

(1/13) > >>

Aluminator (Kit):
Hey, everyone ^_^ This is going to be a bit of an RP experiment. Essentially, this is intended to form the basis for a number of small, one-off RPs, mostly as a haven for we GESB RPers remaining, but anyone else is certainly welcome.

I'm hoping this can be our quick-and-dirty RP fare while we're between major roleplays. The idea is that each page in this book is a different world, a different moment in time. If one of them starts to feel boring or stagnant or someone simply comes up with a better idea, we can turn the page and start something new (or, I suppose, turn back to an enjoyable previous page). We'll likely sacrifice some of our traditional character development for a bit of flexibility.

These mini-RPs can be continued here, or between our members in non-RAF contexts at will.

I'm placing this in the Animorphs board with the idea that most of these worlds will be related to Animorphs, however loosely. A few rules are being carried over from the GESB:

-Please try to post in the third person narrative.
-We really, REALLY appreciate decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation along with respectable post length...this includes complete thoughts and sentences.
-PLEASE make the effort to read previous posts that pertain to your characters actions, it helps avoid confusion.-Limit OOC conversations to OOC thread, please!

With these added new rules:

-Pages should only be turned by consensus, and the start of each new page should be clearly marked, so that anyone jumping into the thread can find the beginning of the page easily
-Each world's rules must be obeyed; some worlds may have additional rules specified

Beyond that, I'm lifting most of the restrictions on characters and interactions we've traditionally had. I'm hoping for sort of a NaNoWriMo approach to roleplaying here-- if you read the thread, post something, even if it's just something short. This thread will be more about quantity and experimentation than about any long-term benefits.

Want to use canon characters? Crossovers between worlds? Crossovers between fandoms? Alternate versions of your characters? The SAME versions of your characters? Anything you want to do? Go for it! This should be fun, and a great chance for us to grow as RPers.

Current Page: The Grained

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!

Aluminator (Kit):
First world is a bit of a twist on the zombie apocalypse with Animorphs flavor thrown in for flair. I'm not building the world beyond what it is in that first post, except as necessary, so y'all are welcome and even encouraged to add to it ^_^

Chad32:
This looks good so far. I'll post something tomorrow, since it's kind of late right now.

Aluminator (Kit):
Neat ^_^ He'll be a fun character to have in a zombie wasteland, Chad.

I'm not saying much in my post, hoping Shen or Luke will jump in with a response. I'll bug them if we don't see them fairly soon.

Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin):
Sooo....I have this idea...maybe it's not in the spirit of the RP, so feel free to shoot it down.  You guys know my feelings on character development...so my thought was to have a sort of quantum leap thing going on.  I could create a single character who travels through the worlds of The Book...he looks very much the same in each reality, but part of the "magic" or "technology" that allows him to travel the pages also gives him a suitable "disguise" for each page.  His hair color, eye color, height, weight, musculature...etc would stay the same but his clothing, hairstyle, etc would change per the Page.  You also know my feelings regarding katana....so he'd always have one of those, but his projectile weapon would change also to fit the style of each Page.  The Katana would act as a sort of...unifier.  Perhaps that is the item that allows him to travel the Pages and outfits him to fit in with new Pages as they turn.

Does he travel the pages to learn?  Does he join with each reality to fix something?  Perhaps he's trapped and trying to find a way out?  This is a very fledgeling idea, so I haven't really filled it out.  I'd want to know if such a thing would be proper for the RP in your eyes, Scott.  If not, that's fine.  I just don't want to invest a bunch of time into something that ultimately wouldn't work with the vision/spirit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version