Author Topic: Andalites throwing up  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Redtailednothlit

Andalites throwing up
« on: August 11, 2015, 04:39:57 PM »
Odd title, I know. But upon reading #33 The Illusion, I came across this quote:

I turned, and with a retching sound expelled the morning's grass.

It's a part of Elfangor's memories that he gives Tobias, to ease his death.

So my question is, how on earth does an Andalite retch and throw up without a mouth?

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Re: Andalites throwing up
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:52:37 PM »
Maybe through their hooves. Although that doesn't make much since :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 07:58:54 PM »
I'd assume it's through the hooves somehow. Unless it's a memory from his early days as a human on earth and he tried to eat grass lol
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 08:37:45 PM »
Somebody, write fanfic about teenage andalites projectile vomiting on yeerk pools to troll them.
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
On a related issue, how do Andalites poop?

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
Tim, I'm pretty sure that the andalites have butts.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:53:35 PM »
Somebody, write fanfic about teenage andalites projectile vomiting on yeerk pools to troll them.

Seerow: Please don't barf on the Yeerks!  It really annoys them!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 06:21:18 PM »
Actually, from an evolutionary perspective, it makes a LOT of sense for Andalites to be able to throw up.  It would probably happen through the hooves, just because it tends to be easiest for food to go out the same way it came in.

See, throwing up is nature's way of expelling toxins from the body.  You eat something you weren't supposed to eat, and suddenly you dun feel s'good.  And, next thing you know, that thing you weren't supposed to eat is no longer, um, eaten.  :P

And think for a second about how Andalites eat.  Granted, I figure, given that they eat off the ground constantly and almost never actually stop and look at the things they eat (they eat as they run, they don't have the time to stop and analyze every blade of grass to make sure it isn't actually some kind of poisonous plant), they probably would need to have a MUCH more robust digestive system than most terrestrial animals.  It would probably take a lot to kill an Andalite.

. . . Which, now that I think about it, explains SO MUCH about Ax's eating habits in human morph.

But, still.  Every creature has SOMETHING that is toxic to it.  And, in evolutionary terms, plants actually don't like to be eaten, and will generally evolve exactly those toxins that will keep things from eating them.  So, Andalites would need a way to expel from their bodies those few things that have managed to become poisonous to them.  Thus, they would have to be able to, um 'toss their cookies/tango with the toilet/technicolor yawn' as Marco might put it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:22:57 PM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 01:17:32 AM »
Actually, from an evolutionary perspective, it makes a LOT of sense for Andalites to be able to throw up.  It would probably happen through the hooves, just because it tends to be easiest for food to go out the same way it came in.

See, throwing up is nature's way of expelling toxins from the body.  You eat something you weren't supposed to eat, and suddenly you dun feel s'good.  And, next thing you know, that thing you weren't supposed to eat is no longer, um, eaten.  :P

And think for a second about how Andalites eat.  Granted, I figure, given that they eat off the ground constantly and almost never actually stop and look at the things they eat (they eat as they run, they don't have the time to stop and analyze every blade of grass to make sure it isn't actually some kind of poisonous plant), they probably would need to have a MUCH more robust digestive system than most terrestrial animals.  It would probably take a lot to kill an Andalite.

. . . Which, now that I think about it, explains SO MUCH about Ax's eating habits in human morph.

But, still.  Every creature has SOMETHING that is toxic to it.  And, in evolutionary terms, plants actually don't like to be eaten, and will generally evolve exactly those toxins that will keep things from eating them.  So, Andalites would need a way to expel from their bodies those few things that have managed to become poisonous to them.  Thus, they would have to be able to, um 'toss their cookies/tango with the toilet/technicolor yawn' as Marco might put it.

I wonder if the Animorphs ever considered trying to poison the grass Visser 3 was scheduled to eat.....

Offline Xalder

• "I'm taking a trip on a government ship~"
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »

I wonder if the Animorphs ever considered trying to poison the grass Visser 3 was scheduled to eat.....

Pour some instant maple oatmeal on the ground...

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:56:51 PM »

Pour some instant maple oatmeal on the ground...

Then we would have a CRAZY Visser 3!

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »
yeah

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
So we'd have the same guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SppY3qPrk

A crazier Visser 3 than we had already!  Also the oatmeal would eliminate all hope of starving Visser 3 out of Alloran!

Offline Xalder

• "I'm taking a trip on a government ship~"
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 02:08:06 AM »

A crazier Visser 3 than we had already!  Also the oatmeal would eliminate all hope of starving Visser 3 out of Alloran!

That pissed me off when they ambushed him and didn't save Alloran. He could have morphed to flush out the poison, or Ax could have killed him like he had asked for and at least prevented Visser 3 from having morph capabilities.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »

That pissed me off when they ambushed him and didn't save Alloran. He could have morphed to flush out the poison, or Ax could have killed him like he had asked for and at least prevented Visser 3 from having morph capabilities.

Why didn't AX urge Alloran to morph something small?