Author Topic: Tom's Thoughts  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Tom's Thoughts
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:20:51 PM »
Book 31: The Conspiracy: After Tom's Yeerk got over the initial shock of learning about the FOUR day trip out of town, I bet that it was thinking "Why for Kandrona's sake can't the mighty Yeerk Empire arrange to provide me with a portable Kandrona generator?????".  I can imagine Tom screaming bloody murder at Chapman!  He was certainly screaming mad at his Dad!

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Tom's Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »
Killing Tom's dad didn't serve any practical purpose after they had already made the trip. sometimes I wonder if he was going to attempt that because Tom was happy to see him starve to death, and he was just being petty.

I was waiting the whole series to see what Tom would say after they freed him, but that never happened. all we really know is that he cared about his brother.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 06:23:39 AM »
Killing Tom's dad didn't serve any practical purpose after they had already made the trip. sometimes I wonder if he was going to attempt that because Tom was happy to see him starve to death, and he was just being petty.

I was waiting the whole series to see what Tom would say after they freed him, but that never happened. all we really know is that he cared about his brother.

Perhaps Tom was thinking that he could kill his Dad, then drive pell mel back to town for his Kandrona dose in his Dad's vehicle!

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:04:10 PM »
I can't remember if it was addressed in the series but I always wondered if in the earlier books was Tom's Yeerk ever like, "Hmm... You know, my brother leaves the house and then there's an attack on one of our pools? ....... Wait." XD

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 11:45:11 PM »
I can't remember if it was addressed in the series but I always wondered if in the earlier books was Tom's Yeerk ever like, "Hmm... You know, my brother leaves the house and then there's an attack on one of our pools? ....... Wait." XD

I too have thought that Tom should have caught on to Jake a lot sooner than he did, what with Jake turning into a glutton one weekend (Book 6), or staying out late a lot, or receiving phone calls late at night (Book 45).  By Book 49, Jake seemed to have no time for his family at all!