Author Topic: A (wacky) Alternate Universe  (Read 6629 times)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
A (wacky) Alternate Universe
« on: September 25, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
Ok, so this was sort of inspired by tobiasfan21's interruptions during my date. So, I've decided to apease my insane side and created this.
Rules:
1. "Author powers" are limited to your character. You still cannot manipulate other people.
2. "Author powers" are limited to five abilities. (Yes. Ability to morph is considered an ability.)
3. No chatspeech.

Ok. So the idea is that either you or your alter ego gets dumped into the Animorph world. You can either choose to join with the Animorphs or with the Yeerks.
You can also "kill" yourself, which is what I have to do, since traycon4 only ever shows up when I "die".
Have fun. And feel free to ask questions, since I'm kinda pulling this out of nowhere, and I'm sure it sounds random.

List of Powers:

Estelore:
1. I can make Zombie Crickets attack at will, but they can turn against me.
2. I can imagine a tesseract and make it happen, any time, anywhere.
3. Gravity hates me, so things fall around me. A lot. This is sorta' a power-gone-wrong.
4. Irony. In my presence, ironic things occur.
5. Every time I say "Jeeze", "Woogles", or "Skart", something either explodes, falls over, or bursts into flame, in no particular order. Sometimes, all three occur. I seem to be unaware of this ability.

1 - 5: element manipulation.

my characters name is Mayam, and is on no-one's team. kills anyone, anywhere.
1. has claws instead of fingers and toes.
2. sharp, vampire teeth. retractable.
3. looks mysteriously like the person at this url:http://dynastywarriors.neoseeker.com/w/i/dynastywarriors/9/93/Okuni_sw2.png
4. the umbrella can block fire.
5. on full moons, she transforms into a bloodthirsty creature from skulduggery pleasant. google it.

Traycon4:
1. Can pull a Dracon beam out of seemingly nowhere.
2. Can become invisible for about 10 seconds.
3. Cannot be killed in her current state, since she is, for all intents and purposes, a zombie. (She killed t3 within their mindscape, thus killing t3's mind and body, but t4 still inhabits her body. You have to raise both the body and the mind from the "dead" for t3 to come back. Bringing back just the body--f.e. restarting her heart--will only serve to kill t4 and bring t2 into the picture. Let's just say you don't want that.)
4. Can turn into a purple and blue parrot that is parrot size. However, she cannot communicate in parrot form. She is, for all intents and purposes, a parrot when she donns that form.
5. Cannot be infested.

1) Telepathy/thought-speech
2) Mind reading
3) telekinesis
4) vampire fangs
5) above average physical strength
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:57:32 AM by traycon3 »
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: A (wacky) Alternate Universe
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:45 PM »
I'm confussed but it sounds fun
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
((Sadly, I'm confused too. But I'm going to try and get it started, and maybe it'll make a bit more sense?))

Traycon4 stood over the body of traycon3, laughing. She had finally won. Traycon3 was dead and this time that stupid friend of hers wasn't going to bring her back. "It's my time, now," she said, kicking t3 with her combat boot for good measure. Blood pooled around the body of her former "host".
Then she turned, running a hand through her purple and blue hair, and started walking, sucking on a chocolate Tootsie-pop. Then a rip in space-time appeared in front of her. Out poked the head of a creature so ugly, it could only be the Drode. "What do you want?" t4 snapped.
"My master wishes to give you an opportunity. An opportunity to change the fate of the world of the Animorphs."
"Meaning?"
"He wants you. All you must do is step through this rift. There you will be given five abilities. Choose wisely."
Traycon4 smiled. And she thought this day would be boring...

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 06:58:34 PM »
(This sounds like alot of fun...but what exactly are those 5 powers? I only know that morphing is one)

Offline Unknown?

• there's a death for everything...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
((they have to be made up by the author person, don't they? also, is there a restriction on characters?))

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:21 PM »
Is breaking the third, fouth, and fifth walls considered a power? cause then im good
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Unknown?

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 11:27:38 PM »
do you need a bio?

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:54 AM »
((SORRY! Went up to visit my parents for the weekend and came back Saturday night, and it was like...o.O Overload. Too many things got updated at once. So, I kinda decided that, rather than trying to answer questions at 1am, I'd better let it go for the weekend, rather than giving you answers like: Um...Yes. Multiply by three. Ooh, look. Cat. *Walks away from internet*

So, here is the answers to the questions:

Yrkd88: Ok. Basically, when I talk about "powers", I'm talking about the types of things that I've seen twenty thousand times in author self-insertions where the author is literally the author, and not simply another character in the story. Powers means like, the ability to pull out a computer and...make Visser Three do the chicken dance or something equally random. For example, one of t4's powers is pulling a Dracon beam out of nowhere. (Please do me a favor with the powers, guys. Please don't make Visser Three do a chicken-dance...)

Unknown?: A1: Um...I'm not exactly sure how to answer that. I'm afraid I'm a bit lost on the quesiton. Can you give me an example or be a bit clearer, please? A2: There's no restriction on characters. A3: No, don't worry about a bio. However, when we start getting powers, I'm probably going to make a list in the first post, for me, you, and other characters, so people can keep track of their powers, ect. But if you want to put a bio up, I will not object.

Yarin: The ability to break through multiple walls is considered a power, yes. Along with breaking the third, fourth, and fifth dimension.

Hope these answer your questions...

Oh, and I'm going to add a few things:

Anytime an author tries to tell Visser Three or the Animorphs anything from cannon (like telling Visser Three who the Animorphs really are/what they are or trying to tell Rachel that she dies), they will suddenly find themselves unable to talk in some form or another. I'll let you decide. (Like if you want to have ducttape suddenly appear over their mouths, I'm fine with that.)

Also, if anyone wants to play a cannon character, let me know. It's going to be on a first-come, first-serve basis, unless I feel that the character is being played too OOC.

Any more questions?
By the by, sorry this is so confusing...It's what I get for trying to pull something out of my a**, isn't it?))

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 10:16:09 AM »
(you do know that when I say walls i mean that the character knows its a story let me explain the third wall is where a character from a story in another story knows this and the fifth wall or the roof as i call it is when a god like character relizes its a character)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »
((Um...yes?
Ok, so I really have never heard of that term. So, uh...I'm still a bit lost, then. What do you mean by "breaking" them, then?))

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »
(breaking the fourth wall is a theatrical term used when a character in a play breaks down the fourth invisivble wall that seperates them from the audience and talkes directly to them i just modified the usage to include different parameters)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 10:49:01 AM »
((Ok. So, I'm going to have to say that breaking each wall is considered a power for now. I'll let you know if that changes.))

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 10:57:28 PM »
(Cool...I really need to start thinking of some neat powers to have then^^ Hmmm...would like, ability to read minds and communicate via thought speech be alright? Or would it be too god-moddy for this rp? If not, I was thinking maybe telekinesis aka moving objects without actually touching them :) )

Offline Unknown?

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »
Unknown?: A1: Um...I'm not exactly sure how to answer that. I'm afraid I'm a bit lost on the quesiton. Can you give me an example or be a bit clearer, please? if you want to put a bio up, I will not object.

does your character have to be your raf user, or can you create an alias, is what i mean. also, do we have to put in strict teams, like the animorphs vs. yeerks or can we go mercenary and such?

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 09:07:47 AM »
Yrkd88: Nope. ^.^ Actually, that's kinda the point of it. But I didn't want a bunch of literal "gods" running around, which is why I limited the powers to 5. Only thing is that reading minds will count as one power, while communication through thought speech, outside of morph, will be counted as another.

Unknown?: Ah, I see what you're asking now. No, you don't necessarily have to be your RAF user. Aliases are fine. And if you don't want to necessarily choose to be on a strict team, you're perfectly allowed to be a mercenary.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
Estelore:
1. I can make Zombie Crickets attack at will, but they can turn against me.
2. I can imagine a tesseract and make it happen, any time, anywhere.
3. Gravity hates me, so things fall around me. A lot. This is sorta' a power-gone-wrong.
4. Irony. In my presence, ironic things occur.
5. Every time I say "Jeeze", "Woogles", or "Skart", something either explodes, falls over, or bursts into flame, in no particular order. Sometimes, all three occur. I seem to be unaware of this ability.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:36:45 PM »
i have my abilities then, if they're not too powerful.

1 - 5: element manipulation.

that O.K?
'Remembering is just an invention of the mind. you can remember anything, whether it happened or not.'

'pain is a state of mind, it can be overcome'
- Freak The Mighty.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »
Yep. Both of those look fine. ^.^
Estelore, love the Zombie Crickets thing. Very funny.

Offline Unknown?

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »
ooh, i'll do myne.

i will be mostly copy and pasting from the interworld thread.

my characters name is Mayam, and is on no-one's team. kills anyone, anywhere.

1. has claws instead of fingers and toes.
2. sharp, vampire teeth. retractable.
3. looks mysteriously like the person at this url: http://dynastywarriors.neoseeker.com/w/i/dynastywarriors/a/a8/No_sw2.png
4. not really an ability, but:
hides long, deadly blades coated in toxins within the folds of her kimono sleeves. When she fights, the claws come out, quickly churning-enemies at close range. She compliments slashes and sweeping kicks with small bombs tossed and planted to break defense and shake-up the crowds.
5. on full moons, she transforms into a bloodthirsty creature from skulduggery pleasant. google it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:13:29 AM by Unknown? »

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »
Ok. Everyone's powers so far are listed in the first post.
Mine are kinda suckish, though...

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 08:21:47 PM »
Okay here are mine:

1) Telepathy/thought-speech
2) Mind reading
3) Super Strength
4) Vampire fangs
5) Can dissolve into mist

I modified mine, though T3 had already put me first set on the front page...so i think i'll just stick with those ones lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:29:42 PM by yrkd88 »

Offline Unknown?

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »
we should start this now, then.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »
I summoned my Zombie Cricket minions to my side.

"Okay, fellows, today is the big day, and here is what we're going to do: Red Team, I want you to block all the city's exits. Let nobody in nor out. Blue Team, you guys will systematically shut down the power grid. Green Team, I want you to sever communication lines and cause general mayhem. Gold Team, you just make sure that Vader doesn't show up. Beyond that, we're good. Ready, gentlemen? Then MOVE MOVE MOVE!!"

"che-DEET che-DEET che-DEET"

"I'll take that as a collective 'yes, ma'am!'"

"che-DEET che-DEET"

"Okay, FINE, then. Do it your own way. Hmmph! Drat-blasted Zombie Cricket Task Force...."

I stomped away, grumbling and taking out a few of my 'soldiers'. Some storm troopers THEY were.

"Jeeze."

Somewhere in the distance, a car exploded.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
((I don't care if you want to modify your powers. I need to fix mine anyway. Just let me know if you want the modified ones or the ones currently on the front page.))

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »
(The more I think about it, the more I want the ones on the front page lol...just disregard my last post)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »
((Ok, that's fine. I modified my powers a bit, because when I was thinking about t4 yesterday, I realized that I didn't have her quite right. So now I think I'm happy with her powers.
Well, it's time to let the fun begin. Choose your sides everybody! And feel free to NPC Elimist, Crayak, Drode, and unless someone claims them, the Animorphs and Visser Three!))

Offline Unknown?

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 12:22:27 AM »
((can i have the modified one, please?))

I saw a car explode in the distance. fighting, i thought, and went down to see what was happening.