Author Topic: Dpsb5's Animorphs Collages!  (Read 13968 times)

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Re: Dpsb5's Animorphs Collages!
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 01:47:54 PM »
Hmmm, 6 seasons is long while for show to on. For a typical show, I'd expect 4 seasons with 13 episodes each.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »
Average American show is 20 episodes or so. In my mind, 4-6 seasons is a good run.
Unfortunately, the show's cost could result in cancellation. The British show Primeval was popular, but was always on the verge of cancellation due to it being so expensive. It had 5 series, but each series was short because...
money.
36 episodes and cliffhanger cancellation. Whoop whoop.
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 06:52:50 PM »
Could we possibly tell the Animorphs story in two or three seasons. I feel like it could.
Also, my choice for Jake was only a model. Who would be a good actor for him?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:03:42 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »
No idea.
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
He isn't brunette but, Jake (actor) https://www.google.com/search?q=Alexander+Ludwig&rlz=1C1BXPB_enUS513&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIyJTD8PbbxgIV0i6ICh0RDgke&biw=1600&bih=799 ???
I was looking through fan castings and I saw him and thought he might work. Also, everyone (based of their castings) seems content for Posey to be Marco.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:19:27 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »
He looks too... honestly, he looks too scary.
That could be because I'm always going to see him as Cato, but he just doesn't look like Jake to me.
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2015, 07:20:16 PM »
Scary?? Lol, I don't see that :P .
If he dyed his hair brown, I feel like it could work.
There aren't a whole lot of people who I feel could do Jake.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:22:34 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 08:13:30 PM »
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »
I can change the people I've set for the characters. You just need to give me recommendations on who they might be. And I'll think about it.

Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
I'll (probably) never be able to come up with any good suggestions. Nobody will ever look quite the way I imagine the characters.
i'm tired byea espasdzxoi
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 09:42:31 PM »
That's the problem with book fan casting. Everyone has vastly different ideas on who the characters could be.
Anyway, I decided to look at my cast choice's official pages and their twitters because I was bored.
Till, Palmer, and Ludwig all have official pages.  http://kekepalmer.com/ http://www.lucastill.com/ http://www.alexanderludwig.com/ Ludwig/Jake's first photo his him shirtless hugging a puppy :luv: .  While Palmer/Cassie's first photo is well... it's got me second guessing my "she's got an innocent nice girl feeling" statement.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:06:01 AM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 03:43:46 PM »
Yeah... Palmer might not be the best fit.
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 11:24:35 PM »
Lol, them good Cassies go bad. Those photos taken of her were back in 2014.  I looked up some more current photos of her, and she grew out her hair and looks a bit more like she did when she was on Nickelodeon.
Also, I came up with the perfect to tell the animorphs in 6 movies
(1st Movie)
Animorphs: The Invasion
Plot: This one will largely be about introducing the characters and setting up the plot. The film opens up with first events of of the first book. The scene with them at the mall and walking through the construction site. Fallowed by them getting power to morph Elfangor. This will be fallowed by everything from the first book up until the scene with Jake spying on Tom at the sharing. The next that happens after it is cut to the next day. We the Anis flying over to Chapman's house in bird of prey morphs.(Acquired offscreen) They have decided on spying on Chapman since Jake recognizes him from the sharing meeting. Rachel's decides that she should be the one who will spy on them. She morphs cat and sees how horrible the yeerks are. She sees Melissa getting mistreated and finds out that yeerks have been using "truck ships" stealing supplies like water from the ocean and Mountain. Being new to this, Rachel is a bit sloppy at her spying, and Chapman realizes she's an andalite bandit. He calls in the other yeerks. While the Anis manage to escape their first battle, the animorphs realize they need battle morphs and the getting battle morphs scene from 1 happens. While at the zoo, they also acquire dolphins. Tobias as a hawk begins looking for these truck ships. He spots one moving into the mountains. He gets the other anis to come with him, them having acquired wolves. During this, Tobias has a weird dream about someone calling him from the ocean.  They manage to get to the ship and Tobias blows it up.  That was first ship and Tobias quickly spots another one heading to the ocean. While that happens, Cassie also has a weird ocean dream. They get to the ocean where they find the ship and they also find that another andalite is there. He's Ax and we an introduction to him. The animorphs all morph dolphin (Ax morphs shark) , distroy the other ship and high tail it out of there. Now with the two truck ships obliterated,the yeerks are very angry. And they lead a hunt against the anis. I haven't mentioned Marco yet, but he's been like how he was in book 5 for the whole movie. (Trying to quit). The hunt for the anis leads them down to the yeerk pool, where the battle from the end of 1 happens. Everybody makes it out almost okay but are totally horrified. They also found out that Marco's mom is visser 1 in this battle. (She was one of the yeerks leading the hunt). Tobias doesn't make it out okay as we find out that he got stuck as his bird of prey morph, red tailed hawk. The final scene in this movie is the Anis reflecting of what they just went through.
or,
For the movie they could split it up into minivinettes. If the first movie was 90 min long, each minivinette could be 23 min long (Each minivinette telling one of the books 1-5). This might allow a better pace than the other idea
which do you like better?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:48:07 AM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
There'd be a lot of cramming to fit either idea into a movie. Even if it were to be 2.5 hours, it'd feel rushed.

I imagine the TV series as beginning close to the books, but slowly branching out into different territory. Season one would be pretty close to the books but with different titles and a different order. It removes #9 because it's filler.

Season One:
1.   The Gift
2.   Chapman
3.   Wings
4.   The Survivor
5.   The Secret This one has #9's name, but it's based on The Alien. The secret to which the title refers is Seerow's Kindness.
6.   Visser One
7.   The Controller
8.   Ellimist
9.   The Ally Based on "The Android"
10. The Andalite Chronicles Extra long episode
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:34:27 AM by YeerkSalad »
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 02:55:02 PM »
I still want a movie. :(

If there was a TV show, it would need original episodes not based on the books. Any ideas....?
Waffles. Nuf' Said.