Author Topic: Leerans  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Leerans
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:53:13 AM »
After the Andalites won the Battle of Leera (book 18), I expect that they employed the mind reading Leerans to root out all traitors in their midst.  After the war, they would use Leerans to read the minds of suspects to determine their guilt or innocence.

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Re: Leerans
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:18:10 AM »
I guess so, the leerans dissapear after book 18
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 07:41:10 AM »
I have doubts that the Andalites would be willing to give a role that important to members of another species
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 07:50:47 AM »
I have doubts that the Andalites would be willing to give a role that important to members of another species

Which role, that of rooting out traitors, or that of determining guilt or innocence?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 07:58:50 AM »
both. They've admitted they don't like being close to the Leerans because they don't want other races routing through their thoughts.
It's the same why I'm sure that they'd never use Yeerks to function as interagators, they don't trust other species and they are careful about who has access to what information

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 08:00:51 AM »
both. They've admitted they don't like being close to the Leerans because they don't want other races routing through their thoughts.
It's the same why I'm sure that they'd never use Yeerks to function as interagators, they don't trust other species and they are careful about who has access to what information

Wouldn't the need to prevent Andalites from collaborating with the Yeerks and being infested by the Yeerks override their privacy concerns?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:05 AM »
I don't know for sure, but again, I highly doubt it for reason's given that they would be willing to work like that with ANY species

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
I don't know for sure, but again, I highly doubt it for reason's given that they would be willing to work like that with ANY species
It's out of what we've seen the andalites do. I agree with RYTX.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »
After the Andalites won the Battle of Leera (book 18), I expect that they employed the mind reading Leerans to root out all traitors in their midst.  After the war, they would use Leerans to read the minds of suspects to determine their guilt or innocence.

While I am almost inclined to agree with Dpsb and RYTX . . . this idea DOES actually explain why the "oh noes the Yeerks are beginning to infiltrate the Andalite homeworld" plotline was so very suddenly dropped.  Which was something I've always wondered about.

Maybe the Yeerks actually were moving against the homeworld, at least in terms of collaborating with traitors like Samilin.  But before they could plan out an actual full-scale invasion, the Andalites formed a small truce with the Leerans.  They wouldn't allow them to 'scan' just any Andalite whenever they wanted, and of course the Andalites would only pick a very small number of Leerans that they ABSOLUTELY trusted, but then they might let those Leerans 'scan' Andalites in very high-ranking positions in the military (those particular Andalites that, if they were traitors, would ruin everything, like Samilin did).

Again, Dpsb and RYTX have valid points.  The Andalites don't like to trust other species.  But desperate times call for desperate measures.

. . . Or maybe they could just screw the whole 'trust other species with important tasks' thing and just morph Leerans themselves.  :P  Yeah, that would probably make a lot more sense from an Andalite point of view.

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »
. . . Or maybe they could just screw the whole 'trust other species with important tasks' thing and just morph Leerans themselves.  :P  Yeah, that would probably make a lot more sense from an Andalite point of view.

This.  Gotta be this.  The Andalites wouldn't let Leerans have pretty much free reign to lead what could easily turn into witch hunts.  They'd want to have that fun all to themselves.

They might allow ambassadors contact with officers and diplomats with lower clearance levels, but more likely they'd provide long distance communication.  The Andalite fleet would keep an appropriate military presence up in orbit, just to deter Yeerk invasion.  In exchange, I imagine they'd want the Leerans to supply DNA for morphing, and maybe submit to some studies to figure out their complex biology.  After all, if you could figure out how their mind reading powers work, that'd be a pretty big scientific advancement, and a great advantage in the war effort.

On the positive side, maybe this would encourage a little bit of honesty in their dealings?  I dunno.

I liked the Leerans.  Cool species.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:14:50 PM by XenoFrobe »
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
Use Leerans to monitor Presidential debates!

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
I liked the leerans too. And I wish there was more about them. More about all the little known species :/
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?