Author Topic: Which Animorph had the best battle morph?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Which Animorph had the best battle morph?
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:12:09 PM »
Hey, you should vote on this poll. Which Animorph had the best battle morph?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:21:46 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

Re: Which Animorph had the best battle morph?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »
Hey, you should vote on this poll. Which Animorph had the best battle morph?

Can I nominate Cassie: Hork-Bajir, Cape Buffalo.

IIRC, Tobia once morphed a Taxxon.

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:33:59 PM »
I goofed.  I voted Jake because he probably had the best morph for one-on-one fights.  Then I remembered that Tobias was absolutely vital for recon and intelligence-gathering in and out of combat, as well as blinding unsuspecting enemy marksmen.  Plus, he had a hork-bajir morph for brawling.  Dang it, can I change my vote?
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »
Hey, if you're doing secondary battle morphs, don't forget Jake's rhino.  I've often thought that, if I ever picked a battle morph for myself, rhino is probably what it'd be.  Near-impervious hide, bad vision (which is, oddly enough, a perk, at least if you're a coward like me, but of course none of the Animorphs are), and ability to inflict serious damage just by swinging your head around?  Sold.

Also, I might be wrong, but didn't Tobias use Hork-bajir as his battle morph more often than Andalite?  I only recall him morphing Andalite in battle once, and Hork-bajir a couple times.

All-in-all, though, I gotta vote Rachel on this one.  For her primary AND her secondary battle morphs.  She could kick butt on any of the other Animorphs, either way.  (That is, assuming the question is asking about brute strength.  Strength isn't always the 'best' strategy.  I think that was kinda the point of how the Animorphs operated, and why they all chose different battle morphs.  There often wasn't a 'best' one for every situation, because they all worked best together, and played to their strengths while covering each others' weaknesses.)

Can you still add options to the poll?  Collette's crocodile, Timmy's bobcat, and Kelly's buffalo are at least worth a mention as awesome battle morphs.

. . . Not to mention that random kid who decided to acquire a walrus.  LOL.  :XD:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:52:06 PM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:16:33 AM »
The Attack: Jake acquires a Howler morph.  Why doesn't he ever use that morph afterwards?  After all, the Howlers can disable any sentient beings by howling at them!  (Imaging Howler Jake howling at armies of Hork Bajir to incapacitate them!).

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 08:20:23 AM »
In what fashion? A tiger or bear is a really good battle morph. A gorilla can more easily open doors, and work things designed for hands. He could also shoot a gun if it ever crossed his mind. Crocodiles are pretty badass, regardless of which direction you come at it from. A cape buffalo is good for barreling through an enemy's front line. So are rhinos, but they have poor vision. Hork-Bajir are lean, mean, killing machines that blend in with the enemy.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline matthew

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
The Attack: Jake acquires a Howler morph.  Why doesn't he ever use that morph afterwards?  After all, the Howlers can disable any sentient beings by howling at them!  (Imaging Howler Jake howling at armies of Hork Bajir to incapacitate them!).

That would carry a huge risk for friendly fire though. 

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »

I think Jake still felt guilty over the situation that led to acquiring that Howler: the whole laughing-as-it-plummeted-to-its-death-and-then-finding-out-it-was-just-a-child thing.  Keep in mind that the Animorphs were just kids, too, and sometimes they made bad tactical decisions for emotional reasons.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
A Howler would make a great battle morph, even without the howl. Even if the others didn't have the morph, different animals would be less effected by the howl itsself. Then there are the times Jake could go somewhere solo, like on the Blade Ship in the final battle.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »

I think Jake still felt guilty over the situation that led to acquiring that Howler: the whole laughing-as-it-plummeted-to-its-death-and-then-finding-out-it-was-just-a-child thing.  Keep in mind that the Animorphs were just kids, too, and sometimes they made bad tactical decisions for emotional reasons.

Such as Cassie's utterly stunning decision to allow Tom to escape with the morphing cube late in the series?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 02:16:46 PM »
Then there are the times Jake could go somewhere solo, like on the Blade Ship in the final battle.

Holy crap, that is brilliant.  Man, I bet Jake wishes he'd thought of that.  :-\

Such as Cassie's utterly stunning decision to allow Tom to escape with the morphing cube late in the series?

Exactly.

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 03:15:37 AM »
Jake's & Rachel's are definitely the most potent in a fight.  Always seemed weird to me Cassie stayed with the wolf, seems like a Hork-Bajir wouldn't have too much trouble taking that down.

But yeah, Tobias and Ax too, in different more varied ways.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »
I do find it odd that Cassie picked a battle morph that required her to rip out her enemy's throat in order to be effective in battle. Though the truth of it is that she's the one  who specifically never went out to acquire an animal to fight with. She has a wolf because everyone else was acquiring wolves for a mission. She doesn't use Hork-Bajir because she has problems morphign sentient creatures. It's kind of ironic, I think, that her best means of fighting requires her to kill her enemy. She could have been a gorilla, punching people in the face. Or maybe a buffalo that just knocls enemies out of the way. She wouldn't have nearly as high a kill count if she had a different battle morph.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »
Always seemed weird to me Cassie stayed with the wolf, seems like a Hork-Bajir wouldn't have too much trouble taking that down.
Me too, Cassie's battle morphs aways seemed weaker than everyone elses. It's sad, she had some cool things (Buffalo, Kangaroo, Elephant, Anteater, Leeran, and Polar Bear), but she forgot about all of them.

Cassie can do a whale!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
She has dropped a whale on the enemy a few times. That was kind of cool. Except unless she's falling into a large body of water, she's defenseless afterwards.

Ani-Master 2014!