Author Topic: Hello from a former lurker  (Read 1600 times)

Offline psilentasincjelli

• Pfifer Pscripts
Hello from a former lurker
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:26:01 AM »
Hi everyone! My name is Dalton. I read a lot of the Animorphs books when I was in middle school, but I fell out of it for some reason. I'm 21 now and currently on my second attempt to re-read/read the whole series. I'm up to #9.

I probably won't post a whole lot, I'm not the best at keeping up with forums, but I occasionally produce fan content that I want to show people. And I enjoy discussions when I can. I will try my best to not be a complete lurker like I have been for the past year.

Also, my favorite characters are Ax and Cassie, but really I love them all!  ;D

This series is so much more terrifying now that I'm an adult. When I was a kid it never occurred to me how young these characters all were, but the other day I realized that my second-youngest cousin who I still consider a tiny child is a year older than the human protagonists.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Hello from a former lurker
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. It's nice to meet you!

The series is kind of horrifying to me as an adult, 'cause I read it now and think "holy crap, they're babies."

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:27:02 AM »
I swear. 13 year olds shouldn't have to put up with that sh*t.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Offline psilentasincjelli

• Pfifer Pscripts
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:32:21 AM »
Thank you both, it's nice to meet you!

And yeah. I just hit a part in #9 where Marco comments that Rachel is taller every time he sees her, and I had to stop reading and stare at the wall for a bit because they're dealing with all these terrible things while they're still growing.