Author Topic: You know what I dont get  (Read 4511 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
You know what I dont get
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »
I just got done readin the fight seen in book #50, when a thought entered my head. Why do they always let Visser Three morph. in 50 when he started morphing Cassie went to make sure Kelly(Auxillary Animorph) was ok. after some talking and narration tht would probably have been about 3 or 4 mintues long, Visser Three's morph was comeplete and a perfect oportunity to kill him while he's morphing, was wasted. He always chooses ridiculously huge morphs that probably take while to comeplete and in the mean time, he's probably as helpless the Animorphs when they're in mid-morph. I dont get it, as smart as the Animorphs are im shocked they've never tried to get him while he's morphing
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: You know what I dont get
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
They don't want to kill him. If they do, he would be replaced by someone more clever, like Visser One. It didn't take her long at all to figure out they were Human.

On the other hand, Visser One is the one pushing for a covert infestation. In a way she would be more dangerous, but on the other hand she can't morph. She also doesn't want to go out in the open with the war.

Better the enemy you know, than the one you don't. Therefore, they don't try too hard to kill Visser Three.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
Well, He is morphing from one deadly creature to another, while the animorphs morph from weak creature to a deadly one.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:07:04 PM »
Um...I think it's something like in #52, Jake tells the others to wait for the controllers to finish morphing. It's more right or something.

Offline Starsword

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »
Hahaha, waiting for an enemy to strengthen itself is the worst idea ever.
Until then we fight.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »
I know Jake's morals have been questioned several times, but he's usually a nice guy and didn't think it was right to kill helpless people. You may remember that they refused to kill or seriously injure Human Controllers wherever possible.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »
I know Jake's morals have been questioned several times, but he's usually a nice guy and didn't think it was right to kill helpless people. You may remember that they refused to kill or seriously injure Human Controllers wherever possible.

Yea but...this is Visser Three we're talking about. I dont think jake would feel too bad about killing him when he cnt defend himself. I wouldnt feel bad

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »
Yeah I know that, I was talking about the Human Controllers who end up with the morphing power. As for Visser Three, I'm pretty sure he's been heavily guarded almost every time we've seen him morph. Plus he probably morphs fairly fast due to lots of experience, so it's unlikely they'd reach him while he's vulnerable.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »
Would have been realistic to see an attempt, though. Even if it was a failure.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »
Yeah I know that, I was talking about the Human Controllers who end up with the morphing As for Visser Three, I'm pretty sure he's been heavily guarded almost every time we've seen him morph.

when have a lot of Hork Bajir and Humans ever stopped the animorphs? and when Visser 3 fought Tobias in the book where u find out Elfangor is his dad, he wasnt guarded by anyone. It was just him, Tobias, and the Hork Bajir kid the animorphs were trying to save. so there was another chance for an Animorph to kill Visser Three in mid-morph. Wait....was it just the three of them? I gotta re-read the book but Im pretty sure the other controllers were being occupied by the other animorphs.

Glaflafock

MySTiC SkyE

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »
yeah...
it never really made sense to me either.

Offline shift

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »
im not why they didn't at first but later on they realized they need visser1 and 3 alive, of course when it became all out war they lost any incentive to leave him alive so i dont know

Offline wolfev

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 11:52:56 AM »
Well it doesn't make much sense reality wise but plot wise Visser can't be defeated to the end. Who else are they going to fight in the final epic battle? Plus they needed Alloran for Ax's challenge.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Liehon

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »
Um...I think it's something like in #52, Jake tells the others to wait for the controllers to finish morphing. It's more right or something.
In war there's no right or wrong. Either you kill or you get killed. Anything in between only jeopardizes you and your teammates.
Moral ethics can be discussed in therapy sessions once peace has returned.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »
I know this is off topic but. Who's Mertil? I remember Cassie mentionign her twice in #50

Glaflafock