Author Topic: An animal morpher.  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
An animal morpher.
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
I'm sure a lot of people know of the book with the buffa-human. After that book came out, I sometimes thought it would be interesting if that happened differently. Like if a dog or something found the box, and figured out morphing powers. He morphs Human, and uses the Human mind to become more aware and intelligent. Then he uses different morphs to get food. Like morphing a bear to get into dumpsters, and using a bird of prey to catch stuff.

It's one of my weirder ideas. There was a main problem I found, though. The dog morpher wouldn't be able to communicate in his natural form. He couldn't use thought speech, or make proper Human speech.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline musicman88

Re: An animal morpher.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
I had kinda of a similar weird idea.  Stick with me on this one.  What if Tobias mated with another hawk and had babies and those babies also had the ability to morph?  I keep having this weird scene in my head where Tobias' kids have human morphs and he's teaching them how to read and speak and whatnot.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »
I had kinda of a similar weird idea.  Stick with me on this one.  What if Tobias mated with another hawk and had babies and those babies also had the ability to morph?  I keep having this weird scene in my head where Tobias' kids have human morphs and he's teaching them how to read and speak and whatnot.
I doubt that the morphing ability is genetic. However, it would be interesting if Tobias did find a female hawk and wanted to give her morphing ability.

<It worked with that buffalo, and it can work with her. All I have to do is sneak it out if Cassie's freezer, and get her to perch on it.>

That scenario might actually be believable, post buffa-human book. If there wasn't a Rachel/Tobias relationship going on, and maybe the hawk in book three didn't die.

I wonder why KA didn't bring the female hawk idea back after Tobias got more into being a bird. Some female hawk moves into his territory, and confliction ensues. There actually was a hawk that muscled into his meadow, but Tobias refused to do anything about it.

It would have made an interesting love triangle.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline WildAtHeart

• My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »

and maybe the hawk in book three didn't die.

i always feel so bad whenever i get to that part lol

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 02:01:37 PM »
I'm sure a lot of people know of the book with the buffa-human. After that book came out, I sometimes thought it would be interesting if that happened differently. Like if a dog or something found the box, and figured out morphing powers. He morphs Human, and uses the Human mind to become more aware and intelligent. Then he uses different morphs to get food. Like morphing a bear to get into dumpsters, and using a bird of prey to catch stuff.

It's one of my weirder ideas. There was a main problem I found, though. The dog morpher wouldn't be able to communicate in his natural form. He couldn't use thought speech, or make proper Human speech.

I would love to see this idea in a fan fic!

I suggest that a parrot (which CAN talk in its natural form) become a morpher!

Could a PLANT become a morpher?

Offline AndaliteBlues

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
Seeing as whales are apparently sapient in the Animorph's verse, why not one of them? Though I imagine the two hour limit would be problematic

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »
Seeing as whales are apparently sapient in the Animorph's verse, why not one of them? Though I imagine the two hour limit would be problematic

The difficulties of a whale morpher would be mind blowing.  Imagine the whale morpher having to demorph in the middle of a battle in order to assume a new form! 

I would try a monkey or other non-human primate.