Author Topic: Favorite Animorphs cover?  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
Favorite Animorphs cover?
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
I should say 'covers' since I'm sure out of 60-something books you can't all choose just one XD

I would say mine are The Ultimate (just because all those colors :kitty: ) the Pretender (I think that was the first time I saw a cover with hawk Tobias and human Tobias combined? I really liked it regardless) The Alien, The Weakness.
The Andalites Chronicles covers was pretty awesome too; finally I'd say Megamorphs #1 :)

So how about you guys?

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
Re: Favorite Animorphs cover?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:54 AM »
I really liked book 17 for some reason? Couldn't say why, though. Book 19 was GORGEOUS. And the Chronicles books of course. (Ellimist Chronicles less than the others, since the cover image didn't fit in with any of the races described in the book or any of the forms the Ellimist took at any point in time.)
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:28:04 PM »
I always liked #11 The Forgotten, but i'm probably biased, cos that was the first one i ever read.

I really liked the Tobias covers too, generally. I thought they were really cool.

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »
I always liked #11 The Forgotten, but i'm probably biased, cos that was the first one i ever read.

I really liked the Tobias covers too, generally. I thought they were really cool.

Before I read 11 I actually thought, "They've done it again- they've made Jake's tiger morph a leopard morph!" (the UK cover for Megamorphs 2 had Jake with a leopard print as if to indicate it was his battle morph) but as I read into it, it made more sense :XD:

Offline WeLeadTheLost

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 05:27:28 PM »
Well, I googled "Animorphs covers"  just to refresh my memory before posting and came across some delightful fake covers including Jon Tron turning into a pug and Hank Hill turning into a propane tank. Needless to say, both images were instasaved.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna have to go with the The Andalite Chronicles cover. Elfangor striding across the Taxxon homeworld with a Andalite ship taking off in the background. I really love any of the artwork that showed off the various aliens species/terrain.

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »

Before I read 11 I actually thought, "They've done it again- they've made Jake's tiger morph a leopard morph!" (the UK cover for Megamorphs 2 had Jake with a leopard print as if to indicate it was his battle morph) but as I read into it, it made more sense :XD:

Yeah. It's actually surprisingly how long into the series they waited before they put Jake's tiger morph on the cover. I guess they were saving it for something special? The last 10 or 20 book covers did feel a bit like they were running out of ideas, didn't they?  :-\

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:12 AM »
Well, I googled "Animorphs covers"  just to refresh my memory before posting and came across some delightful fake covers including Jon Tron turning into a pug and Hank Hill turning into a propane tank. Needless to say, both images were instasaved.

I found one of Miranda Cosgrove turning into a croc. Why?

My favourite is the Andalite Chronicles.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline jennifer.bennett.75248

• Tapatalk User
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 07:44:29 AM »
My favorite ainmorphs is  the lllusion books33
Using Tapatalk

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
I actually have the inside-cover of #13 printed up and hanging on my wall.  Something about the meeting of those two Tobiases, one hawk, one human, the future looking down upon the past and the past gazing up at the future, it was just so incredibly poetic and meaningful to me.  He was my favorite character, and that moment somehow captured him completely.

Offline tigz

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »
aww see i missed those inside covers. they were not in the UK versions of the books. i have all the books from 19 and up as US imports but i really should try get 1-18 just for the inside cover pics.
for my fave cover i would pick number 9. it was the one i thought was best at showing how well cassie could morph without looking horrible.
as a side note, my sisters pet rabbit liked cover 4 so much he ate half of it. or maybe he ate it cause he disliked it....

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 02:36:53 PM »
For some reason, I think my favorite's always been Hork-Bajir Chronicles. Though I mostly like the back cover. XD

...Also Visser. Because I'm pretty sure it's the only time we see an Andalite's stalk eyes pointed backwards. At least it is on the back anyway.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »
Ax as a cow, with Cassie laughing at him.

Offline Teirae

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 04:45:58 PM »
I love the back and white art in MM3 (pretty sure thats the one) where it is them with morphs in front of them.  I think it shows. Who they really are, exhausted kids with the weight of the world on their shoulders,  but at the same time their strength to hold the weight

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
Despite it being a bad book, I like the cover of 42
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Redtailednothlit

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 06:12:51 AM »
I loved the cover of book #33 The Illusion. Probably my favourite.

One thing I find weird, is that all the book cover morphs stayed the same here in the UK as they were in the US - except #5 The Predator. The backgrounds are different, but the morphs themselves are the same, except for #5. In the US, Marco morphs the gorilla, but in the UK, Marco morphs a lobster. I don't know why that was changed when none of the others were.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »
Yeah that always bothered me as well, especially since #5 was the first book I read and is one of my favourites. I was so happy to find an American copy at a second hand book shop in DC during RAFcon :D
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!