Author Topic: Rogue Element: Memoirs  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Rogue Element: Memoirs
« on: February 23, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »
This thread will be formatted as journal posts from the personal points of view of the characters involved in the Rogue Element.  Please only post "journal-like" solo entries from first person view here.  And please, no posts from those whom are not involved in the Rogue Element RP. ^^

~Ossy
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
Re: Rogue Element: Memoirs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »
5488.217  Personal Log Entry:  Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel

The Empire has begun a large-scale assault of the Alpha line.  Beta Minus is the closest outpost to our current patrol route.  I've ordered the Tyrennian on immediate dispatch to assist, I only hope that our forces can hold out against the Empire until we arrive.

I am all but certain now that this turn of events was entirely engineered by the Empire.  Like blind fools, the Electorate believed the rumors fed to them so expertly.  I have trouble controlling my anger when I think about the hipocrisy.  They strip our Alpha defensive position to strike against would-be allies, and now we're all but certain to lose our primary fortification to the Empire!

I will not speak of the genocide of the rebellion here or now.  I fear that these thoughts might compromise my ability to command efficiently in battle.  Emotion is a luxury I cannot afford.  Not now.  Myitt...were I religious, I would pray for your safety here.  I hope you escaped, that you're alive at the least.

I have decided to enact my Rogue Element contingency.  It has taken long consideration, but this battle will provide my best opportunity for success.  I'll be sad to lose Cariovin...I know he'd come with me, but he has a mate and child, I cannot allow him to give them up.  At least Ennorryma has agreed to stay with me...this has been, perhaps, the largest surprise, given her preconceptions.  I'll find her presence comforting...not to mention her skills.  I have the raw ingredients to synthesize more Narthicyl...frankly I would avoid it if I could, but I cannot ask her to give it up...not now. 

Claxter has also agreed to join me along with Aetheas.  Serid as well.  None of these are particularly surprising, but I'm gladdened all the same.  Altogether I should still have a crew of approximately sixty able Andalites...

It's not enough. 

I need Reven and Myitt.  I need the rebellion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:04:45 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:29 PM »
MIA Log: Ferxal Escoth Dhoraim

<May I maintain my honor, and duty, in performing this mission of which I have chosen for myself. This is an undertaking that I would normally seek counsel for, but there is none available. It is my hope that this is not my Herac Delest that I am recording now. A group of Andalites, led by none other than War Prince Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel, allied with the Yeerk Rebellion, has set out to start a new rebellion. I am staying with them as a true representative of the People, due to rumors of corruption in Sector Seven. I will attempt to gather any information I can, for the electorate to use, if things go badly.>

<A fortunate bit of fate, along with the fact that I am alive today, is that I am told I will be given the position of Head of Security. I do not know exactly why, but I cannot allow such an opportunity to pass. I will accept. I will gather information, and record them in portable form to keep hidden. To keep safe. Eventually the truth will be made known to the people. I will find the truth. I will complete this mission as Honor and Duty demands. I hope the People look kindly upon me. I hope Father will be proud of the warrior I became.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »
- Joanne's Journal Entry-

Good god man, do I have to ****ing do this? I can barely write, Kess. I never got over past middle skool.

"It is good practice, and the War-Prince insisted that everyone aboard the ship keep a data log of their activities. It would border on invading our privacy, but he says that he will not look at the log entries we write."

I'm not so sure I trust Blue Butt for this, Kess. Maybe, after what he just did, but not so much. He's going to want to pry into our busyness.

"Try it for him."

Um, ok. Osannlin did me a huge faver a while back. He let me become a human nothlit. I'm cured forever. I won't be sick any more. It is really weird, tho. None of my joints are in the right place. I'm having to learn how to be human all over again. I've taken to going to the Anndalyte Dome and running around where I want. Triped  like eight time (Keshin: "Tripped like eight times"). Grass is hard, but better than hard floor. To fall on.

I keep running into that Taxon guy. I think because we are both misfits. He doesn't like to talk much, but what he say interests me. Must be hard being in that body. Trying to find things I can do around the ship. Practicing my firearms. Not sure if Osannlin or anyone else wants me to do stuff yet though. But what else can I do?

"You're not obligated to act upon the War-Prince's behalf merely because he extended you the common courtesy of living. It would not have been possible to obtain more medical supplies for us with the Tyrennian's limited resources. His only choice was either to kill us or to offer us his assistance. Ossanlin, being the sort of person he is, chose the humane alternative. As I expected."

Bull****! Its too easy to kill people! Were better dead than living to him. No reason. That gets my respek, up top. We're staying. Anyway, log over. Do not have much to say now. Things changing, though. Myitt 195 plans things. Rebels not all fiends. (Keshin: "Friends") I'm watching. Nobody gets past me.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:08:26 PM by Shenmue654 »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 12:27:32 PM »
5488.229  Personal Log Entry:  Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel

The Rogue Element protocol was more successful than I could've hoped.  The Electorate believes the Tyrennian destroyed, no survivors but those dispatched to save the Beta Minus outpost.  As such, my time with the Honorable Electorate Military is at an end.  I do not know how long my deception will hold up against Sector Seven's scrutiny, I can only hope they don't pry too deeply into the matter.

I have taken orbit around Gamma Centri...most of the planet's outer layers have been blasted away...its center is still liquid iron, but solid iron is exposed to open space in several locations.  The magnetic field will hide the Tyrennian's presence from passersby.  It is also within striking distance of Corvus, which brings me to my next subject.

Not four days past, I intercepted a communique about prisoners with apprehensions dates that match the assault against the Rebels...they've been transferred to Corvus.  I have intimate knowledge of the Corvus facility and what goes on there.  I cannot abandon any of the Rebels to that gruesome fate.  I have engineered an assault on the facility.  Everyone involved in the raid will use Hork-Bajir morphs.  I've already modified enough of our ASAR's to shoot crimson beams instead of sapphire.  I will not go into details here, but Esarvit has written a targeted spectral virus which should make the whole operation possible.  I have also constructed a small carrying-case specifically for the Yeerk cells that should keep them stable and avoid injury to those within.  I have prayed to Sky for assistance, something I rarely do anymore.

I must go prepare...we depart aboard the Mirage in less than two standard hours.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 01:53:31 PM »
MIA Log: Ferxal Escoth Dhoraim

The mission hangs by a thread, and we have spent many months looking for a place to call Home. It is in an unlikely place that we do this. Those with a cursory knowledge of this planet may remember the species that lived here. Violent. Predatory. The Yeerks couldn't infest them, which was a blessing from the Ellemist, as they would have made Hork-Bajir practically obsolete as shock troops. Predatory, with little problems dealing with Andalite tail blades, and seeing sentient creatures as no different from any other prey they enjoy hunting.

They're gone now. Where, I don't know. Whether they died off, or if they're still out there in space somewhere, I don't know. If they come back, we will be little more than their next meal.

We have chosen this planet as our home, as it is close to the action, and we hope no one comes to update their information on this place. The Yeerk rebels have taken up residence in ground Base, where among other things I have placed cameras in every room. All went well, until they realized some cameras were in private quarters. I assured them that security mandated no room went unwatched, but they insisted they not be recorded with their clothing off.

This is strange to me. I have managed to see one with his clothing off, and I saw nothing that would warrant the demand of a room with no camera. I have been led to believe that Humans are ashamed of certain body parts. I may not get the opportunity to study this further, as I have been threatened with physical harm. Including one that my notes tell me is an expert with explosive devices.

My work as Chief of Security will have to work around certain cultural differences.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:02:32 PM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »
5488.231  Personal Log Entry:  Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel

I should be happy...the operation to retrieve the rebels from Corvus could not have gone much better than it did.  Myitt was present and alive as was Tara.  All good things, yet my hearts are heavy.  I have been informed that Reven and his host James were lost to the attack on the base they'd worked so hard to build.  Such a blow weighs heavy on everyone.  Reven was not only the mind, but the true heart of the rebellion.  I hope that their fortitude is strong enough to weather the burden of his loss.  I grieve for not only a compatriot, but a true friend as well.

It would be irresponsible of me to withhold admittance of the ruthless fact that his death also complicates my own designs.  Although even the rebels I'd known well had surprised me in the past, I'd been all but certain that Reven would agree to work with me, and his agreement would make persuasion of the other rebels more likely.  I can only hope that Myitt's pull will be half as effective as Reven's would've been.

Another leader of sorts, one by the name of Keslin, was also rescued with the captives.  He's been doing all he can to prove himself an asset.  Though he seems simply to be making the best of his situation, something I get the feeling he's done most of his life, his eagerness to work in a command position gives me hope that he, too, can be convinced that staying with us is the best option for himself and his people.  Perhaps with the assistance of these two, I can hold on to most of the rebels.  I need them, and unfortunately for them, they need me as well.

Keshin was also amongst the rescues.  If my conscience would've allowed me to leave him at Corvus, I probably would have.  Myitt was convinced, however, that he could prove to be an asset.  Such a wild-card is dangerous for us to say the least.  What's to say that he will not sell us out to the highest bidder at the first opportunity?  Nevertheless, he is now in my charge...such a strange concept.  My only leverage with him is the medicine...the Tyrennian could fabricate it in small amounts, given a source of the chemical compound to use as a template.  He bears more thought...one of many.

Another ridiculous coincidence is the presence of one Efaen-Purinial-Serfit.  How in the moons had she wound up there, and gotten herself involved with my rescue?!  She is perhaps more of a threat than Keshin...in fact she certainly is.  She still carries the halcyon chip I myself implanted within her.  Once Sector 7 finds the data in my closed personal records, they'll be able to track us anywhere in the Galaxy with the push of a button.  It is difficult to ponder, but she may have to die.  I can't risk allowing her to be captured...and the only way to stop a Halcyon chip IS death.  So many quandaries...

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
MIA Log: Ferxal Escoth Dhoraim.

There are many people here with wildly different pasts, and possibly none so curious and interesting as the story of Terenia and Efaen. Terenia was born Human, managed to gain access to the morphing ability, and eventually become a Yeerk nothlit. While in that state, she enslaved an Andalite named Efaen, and came under the employment of Visser Three to rescue her sister. Information on her sister indicates she was a voluntary host, so the term rescue may not be accurate.

It boggles the mind that, when Ossanlin found out about her, Terenia wasn't promptly imprisoned and starved out. A second abomination is a terrible thought, and I have found nothing about Terenia to indicate she was anything more than an insignificant Human child trapped as a Yeerk. This seems to be Seerow's Kindness levels of foolishness, and has given me cause to keep a closer eye on the Prince I serve under. Especially since this mercy came at the cost of the lives of his Yeerk rebel allies.

Not by Terenia's hand directly. It was actually Efaen's fault. I have conflicting information on this, as one of my sources is Claxter, who has a fondness for Efaen. My personal opinion is that he's scapegoating everything on Terenia, made easier by Terenia's abrasive attitudes. For some reason she disparages the Andalites for getting involved, despite the fact that by all rights they should have killed her. I know my former Prince probably would have shredded both Terenia and Efaen together.

On the topic of Efaen's betrayal, she was given the opportunity to join Ossanlin and resume life as a free Andalite. Instead she took an offer to join the rebellion just so she could turn on them once she gained enough of their trust. This is a breach of honor, brought on by dishonesty and blind hatred. Her duty may have been to her people, but she forgot her honor. I have learned that terenia decided to wipe her mind in order to spare her life, which is contrary to my information that they hated each other. Currently they get along reasonably. This is a confusing manner that i can't really speak on, since I have no study in psychology.

The idea of a person being mind wiped disturbed me. I have been assured that all hosts are voluntary, and the only person I have seen resist infestation is a Human that's gone insane from the tortures of the empire. Still, who is the say these hosts are only voluntary because their memories have been erased, and they were given new ones. Efaen is dedicated to the rebels, even though she has no right to be. I have found no information to indicate the rebels make a habit of this, and Ossanlin is confident they don't, but it's still a troubling thought.

It is difficult to trust anyone here completely, and probably best that I don't. I will continue my observations and recordings. Sometimes the longer I stay here, the more I wish I had just slit my throat, but I can't turn back now. I will walk this road to its conclusion.

Ani-Master 2014!