Author Topic: Newish member & newish fan to the books  (Read 1395 times)

Offline vivaria

Newish member & newish fan to the books
« on: February 15, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
Hello everyone! I made an account back in the summer, but only really used it to lurk around. I thought I might become more active now that I've realized that I talk nonstop about the series.

I had never actually read the books as a kid! I knew of them, but never looked into them until maybe around last June or July. I saw the TV series was on Netflix and it inspired me to finally check out the books. I'd go pick them up from the library and read them all on the bus or subway when I had nothing else to do, it was a really fun experience. I love coming up with headcanons, asking all kinds of silly questions, and (over)analyzing characters and their intentions and such. Gosh, I have a lot for even really minor characters.

Outside of Animorphs: I love cartoons. I was an aspiring cartoonist for much of my life and they're still a big part of me! I also love playing video games, watching terrible movies, sewing, knitting, and rollerskating. I'm excited to start posting and getting to know everyone!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Newish member & newish fan to the books
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:36 PM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you!

Yeeeey new fans! New fans make me happy.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
Hello and welcome!  It sounds like you're gonna love it here, and we're gonna love having you around.  This is definitely the place to over-analyze, ask silly questions, and discuss head-canons!  :D

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »
Was an aspiring cartoonist?  Still be an aspiring cartoonist!  Do, or do not, there is no try.  There is no spoon.  Uh, hakuna matata.  Etc.

And welcome!  It's pretty cool hearing about someone getting into the series recently.  New blood, unlike all us dinosaurs all losing interest and dying off in the community.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »
Haha, the TV series is nowhere a scrape near the actual depth of the book series. The amount of analysis on the forum itself is a testament to that. :P

And welcome to RAF! I'm Saffa, nice to meet you :D