Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element ~ The Unsung War  (Read 14905 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element ~ The Unsung War
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 07:38:34 AM »
<Less risk will need to come before greater reward, since any deaths will negate any gain we get in supplies.> Claxter said.

Ferxal made no comment, as it was just as Ossanlin had said. <Will we aim to incapacitate, or eliminate the enemy?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »
Varit pays close attention to the conversation at hand, even as he finds himself with less and less to add. It seems they're going forward with this plan, which means he'll be expected to manage sensors. The more he knows, the better off he'll be. He feels his head spinning, though, as he tries to keep up with the conversation around him.

Aetheas also listens intently as Keshin speaks, but the look in his eyes is far less confused. He runs through the possibilities in his head, attempting to work out in his mind how to attain their goal, how to maximize their haul. This, he reflects, is an easy job, compared with what's coming. Practice. A 'milk run,' as he's heard some of the rebels say.

He nods when Ossanlin suggests that they take the safer path. It's a prudent choice.

When Ossanlin asks about the shielding, he pipes up before Keshin can answer. <The majority of stations of this type use somewhat power-hungry external shielding. We are most likely to run across this variant. More recently, the Empire has begun repurposing the power generators of these stations. They're being replaced with less powerful models, necessitating a change to more efficient, though less effective, internal shields.> He pauses, <We are far more likely to run across the external shielding, according to the latest surveys contained in our databanks.>

He turns towards Ferxal. <I fail to see what difference it makes how incapacitated the enemy is,> he says, sounding genuinely confused. <As long as they do not prevent us from achieving our goal.>

He focuses again on the display at the center of the room. <If we are taking the longer route, I can arrange for hover dollys, personal shielding, perhaps a supply of incapacitating gas and gas masks for our crew...> His ARC's display in front of his eyes flickers rapidly as he trails off and begins assessing what in the ship's inventory might be useful.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:00:37 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
<I do not wish to start disintegrating the enemy when everyone else has their shredder on stun. or using the sharp side of my blade, when everyone else is using the flat. I do not care either way. I just wish to be clear about it.> Ferxal said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
<Deadly force is not necessary, but if we need to use blades...casualties aren't forbidden.  If a death becomes necessary, it needs to be one of theirs.>

Ossanlin nods at Aetheas.  <Then we'll have to take down the shield matrix first.  The Mirage's shredders should be able to do that.  As long as we can evade the bugs long enough to punch a hole here...>  He points to the section Keshin had indicated.  <The landing crew aboard the Tigirin can engage and begin the station assault while the Mirage keeps the bugs busy.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Keshin crosses his arms. "If we go from that entrance we should be able to obtain the protein supplements on that level without as much difficulty as we'd have in a full frontal assault."

Keshin also nods to Aetheas and smiles, impressed with his level of knowledge about the outposts. "Yes, it's unlikely that the kind of station we need to target would have had its clunky external shields replaced yet. The external shield matrix will be far easier to disable on those older models." Neither he nor Joanne were certain as to what exactly Aetheas thought of them, but they both trusted his judgment for the most part.

Keshin turned back to the entire group. "Are all in favor of the current plan?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »
<It would be prudent to go in expecting more than is standard.> Ferxal said, remembering the almost-catastrophe with the cargo ship so many months ago. <I'm sure we can accomplish it if we keep our heads together.>

<Teamwork is the most important.> Claxter said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
"Agreed," says Varit in response to Keshin's query. He seems distracted... he's still trying to get the upcoming sequence of events straight in his head, and to work out what exactly he's going to have to do to stay ahead of the game.

Aetheas looks to Ferxal. <Yes, it would be best to overprepare. We'll need to move quickly, with as little room for error as possible.> He turns to Ossanlin, <The Mirage and Tigirin should both currently be at the ready. I can request that the maintenance crews make a check to be sure.> His ARC display before his eyes begins to flicker rapidly. <Based on the most current available data, there are a few upcoming time windows which should give us the highest probability of success. Station WX-1191's ideal window should happen in approximately three standard hours, necessitating our departure within...> he pauses as his display flickers through Z-space information. <Quite soon. Station WN-225's window occurs in approximately seven hours, necessitating our departure in a little under two.> He pauses again as the information flickers before him. <I will send you the list of all available windows for stations within twenty parsecs if you wish.>

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
Ossanlin nods to Keshin.  <Yes.  It's as good as we can get without further reconnaissance.>

He turns his main eyes to Aetheas.  <Have the ships prepped immediately, our goal will be WX-1191 then.  Let's get this done.>  Ossanlin takes one last look around the room.  <We need the supplement, without a doubt.  But don't for a moment take any unnecessary risks.  Priority number one is 100% survival.  None of us is expendable, nutrients do nothing for a corpse.>

Ossanlin checks over his equipment and nods, moving toward the door and deactivating the small holo-table.  <Everyone report to the Tyrennian's atypical hangar within fifteen standard minutes.>

With that he moves out through the door and makes his way toward the primary gangway leading out to the Tyrennian.  Around him, small portals look out on the stars and the strange planet below the orbital station.  The brightly-lit off-white corridors do little to mask the majesty of space beyond.  He makes his way to the hovering gangway and passes through the atmospheric shield, walking along the slightly flexible pressurized pathway to the ship.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:20 PM »
Aetheas nods to Ossanlin and immediately sends a request to the flight chief; finalize prep on the Mirage and the Tigirin immediately. As always, his communique is short and to the point; he's heard some of the other officers referring to him as up-tight and 'curt,' but he doesn't see any relevant reasons to do things differently.

He leaves the room by a different pathway than Ossanlin, this one heading towards the Tyrennian. He continues to send communications to crewmembers he knows to be around, requesting their needed supplies be brought to the hangar. Several hover dollys. Extra weapons and defenses. Personal sensors and jammers. Medical supplies-- his communication to Varekil includes the list he's recommended and asks him to make further suggestions. He requests extra food and water-- this is not intended to be a long trip, but if things go wrong...

Varit falls into step not far behind Ossanlin. He doesn't seem to notice the windows or the path he's taking or even who he's following. He's trying to run through the plan in his head, again and again, as he walks. Trying to get straight what he's going to have to do. As he walks, he mutters quietly to himself-- mostly bits of the controls and operations for the sensors ("Deactivate the graviton detectors in situations involving exceptionally large craft... Bug fighters tend to emit heat and radiation in the mid-upper microwave bands...") broken up occasionally by a bemused-sounding quote of a portion of a Yeerk or Rebel regulation that they're breaking ("The Captain shall never take part in an away mission if that mission has not been verified safe and secure").

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 09:39:11 AM »
Keshin made several checks on his ARC after the meeting was over, along with broadcasting this message to all members of the Tyrennian's crew: <Attention crew of the Tyrennian. We will be engaging in a raid of Imperial Station WX-1191 in approximately three standard hours. The War-Prince and I will begin assigning crew members to participate in the raid immediately. All crew members that we assign are to report to the Tyrennian's atypical hangar within ten minutes. We thank you for your participation and your patience.>

Keshin began using the ARC to contact the team, stopping momentarily in his quarters to pick up their weapons. Keshin stopped, picking up his Dracon and turning it over and over in his hand. Much time has passed. ...we have a perfect map of the ship, you know. We are trusted. We could run Salem's gambit with very few difficulties.

<Don' even think about it, Kess. Don' ****in' think about it.>

<....I am only thinking about it. I am hardly planning anything yet. But if we continue to go down this route, we will never be able to get back to anything even resembling independence. We have already gone too far. We have essentially become Ossanlin's Sub-Visser, and that is exactly what I had hoped to avoid by leaving the Empire.>

<An' you know what, I never quite got that. What kinda Yeerk runs away from power? All these years, Kess, and you never really told me why you did it. I know it wasn' about ****in' me. Either way I'm not going to be on your ****in' side if you take advantage of the guy who saved my life. I can'. >

Keshin clenched his fists, looking down at the ground. He clutched at the fabric of their outfit. <....I understand. We have a mission to complete.>

After Keshin was assured that he was prepared and that all participants had received their assignments, he darted toward the atypical hangar. This was not going to be a particularly significant mission they were going on, but it would show if the Tyrennian had in fact achieved a certain level of coordination.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:40:51 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 07:40:54 AM »
Ferxal and Claxter made their way down the hall to get some equipment and make themselves ready.

<Ever since that supply ship, I've been wary of everything. It's too bad we don't have the luxury of complete military intelligence. It's going to be a rough ride, balancing survival with a need for supplies.> Ferxal said.

<I'm sure it will get easier in time. Once we get enough of the basics going, we'll be able to focus more on our true goals. Just don't take any risks.> Claxter said.

<I'm going to see you pull through a real battle one of these days.>

<We had that skirmish in space a little over a month ago. I think I did well at the helm.>

<I mean a REAL battle. Blade against blade in true battle.>

<I'm a pilot. How many times do I need to remind you?>

<Only until I see you fight two Hork-Bajir controllers at once, and win with nothign but your tail.>

<Your superior is displeased with your stubbornness.>

<I still can't believe you outrank me. Though only technically, since neither of us is in the proper military anymore.>

Eventually they made it to the atypical hanger, ready for boarding.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
Ossanlin navigates the Tyrennian quickly, returning the salutes from the Warriors he passes in the vast halls of the ship.  He passes out into the wide, sweeping hangar area of the Tyrennian, marveling at the sight of humans mixed in amongst the Andalites working in the area.  He opens a private communique with Eleric.  A single support fighter wouldn't arouse much suspicion, and it would be good to have another combat ship in case the station had more fighters aboard than initially expected.  <Command Warrior, report to your fighter and prep for immediate dust-off, twenty standard minutes.  Mission details are being transmitted to your ARC.  Do not ready Lightning-strike, you'll be supporting us alone.>

<Yes, Prince.>

Ossanlin closes the communication after he receives the response.  He walks purposefully into the atypical hangar, glancing over the humans and Andalites readying the Mirage and Tigirin for launch.  The soft hum of the Mirage's engines relaxes him.  He's almost grown accustomed to the sight of a Taxxon, his stalk eye following Varit and his host in behind him.  He notes the presence of both Claxter and Ferxal, and his other stalk eye catches Keshin and Joanne darting in.  Despite the change in Joanne's body, she still seems to move with an unnatural lightness of step.  Perhaps merely the effect of the arduous training she'd submitted herself to to get used to her slightly different body.  Aetheas and Firin are as yet not present.

<Alright, I've requested Eleric join us as support.  He will fly as the Mirage's wingman.>  He notices a hover dolley being trucked in with extra supplies on it.  He takes a deep breath...Aetheas makes a competent and even skilled TO, but he's yet to learn that it is impossible to prepare for every eventuality.  Sometimes a commanding officer had to take leaps of faith.

Firin stands near the holo-table deep in thought as the others filter out.  <<We're supposed to report to the Tyrennian hangar, Fir.>>

<<This is not what I had in mind, Rythil.  And don't call me Fir.>>  The Hork-Bajir's attitude had become much more positive lately, but the inane "pet-name" thing had grown wearing.

<<Look...so we can't just sit in a kinetics lab and tinker with stuff all day, so what?  We have a chance to make a difference!>>

<<Your optimism is....optimistic.  One Dome Ship against two armies does not a revolution make.  Part of the reason I agreed to leave the Empire is that we were never allowed to pursue our passions.  I see no change in that here.>>

<<What are you talking about?  We've helped with tons of engineering projects already!>>

<<Oh yes...first it was the layout of this green-damned station, then engineering the power systems out of rocks and sticks...then the life-support ducts from spare tape and some old rivets...absolutely scintillating.>>

<<Shut up, Fir...you loved making all this junk work out of substandard parts and you know it.  Look, once we're more stable, we'll be able to build the lab we've always wanted...there's tons of data to look through here, and we have access to the Tyrennian's memory banks.  We could invent some really awesome things!>>  Firin took control long enough to smile.

<<Well, look at you.  You've come a long way from cursing the "dirty blue-furs.">>

<<These ones are different though.  Sort of like that silly human space show...you know, Star Walk or whatever?>>

<<Trek, Rythil.  Star Trek.>>

<<Yeah, that...like the Romoluns and Valkuns.  They came from the same species but split off because they didn't agree?>>

Firin rubs his forehead.  <<Romulans and Vulcans.  And are you truly comparing our situation with some ridiculous human fantasy?>>

<<Well, it's pretty much the same, anyway.  Just...they're different.  We need to go or we're gonna be late.>>

Firin sighs audibly and shakes his head.  <<Fine.  Off to play infantry grunt again.>>

He makes his way toward the Tyrennian, checking his equipment.  He arms the personal shield generator and makes sure he has his Dracon and Cube computer which he's managed to interface with the ARC holo-emitter rather handily.  Most of the Andalites he passes remain impassive.  A few actually nod to him.  Strange that.  Out of the few Hork-Bajir the Rogue Element had picked up, most of the Andalites could recognize him since he held an officer position.

As he walks along the hover walk-way, he takes a strange sense of pride in his design.  It had been a challenge to overcome the difficulties with both flexibility and rigidity.  The field net he'd come up with worked wonderfully, and he could see uses with it in other facets of operation as well.  He walks through the halls of the Tyrennian which he'd made sure to memorize by rote and arrives with most of the others already there.  He nods in Ossanlin's direction.  "I suppose we're ready then."

Varekil immediately makes his way out of the conference room.  What was this crazy world he'd fallen into?  Suddenly the only Andalite medical expert in charge of a whole crew.  A commanding officer in charge of an entire med-bay...learning human, hork-bajir, and even taxxon physiology.  And now being deployed in an assault mission.  He shakes his head to himself.  His mother had been right, he should've just become a Homeworld surgeon.

His ARC buzzes with a request from the TO, who was about the same age as himself, for extra supplies.  The TO did like his preparedness, Varekil could admire that.  He makes his way to the Tyrennian's med-bay and makes sure his field-medic kit is fully-stocked.  He grabs the extra supplies Aetheas had requested as well and throws them into a satchel, hanging it over his shoulder.  He checks his handheld Shredder to make sure it's fully-charged and ready before departing toward the atypical hangar.  The trip isn't terribly far from the med-bay and he arrives in the hangar with most of the others present.  <Let's get this over with.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »
Aetheas makes his way to the atypical hangar with nearly thirty seconds to spare before their scheduled departure. He's the last to arrive. Things should be in order for their trip; he notes with some satisfaction that the crews are just finishing loading his requested supplies, and the ships appear in better condition than they have in months. He spots Eleric's fighter being prepped, and his stalk eyes turn questioningly towards Ossanlin. That had to have been his decision-- it's a good precaution.

His eyes rove the designated crew of the landing ship. Ferxal and Claxter, begrudgingly working together. They seem to have developed a strange rapport-- though neither likes the other, they know each from the past, and seem to find some level of comfort in their ongoing exchange. Varekil has brought the requested medical supplies. He appears calm, though Aetheas suspects there's a nervousness that he's not showing. Keshin looks ready for anything-- the action, Aetheas recognizes, will feel more familiar to him than the First Officer's duties-- an ironically welcome reprieve. Firin's mind appears to be elsewhere, his eyes wandering from one thing to the next in the hangar. Firin has taken on many of the projects recently which Aetheas himself has had to regretfully let pass him by. There simply isn't enough time in the day to do everything he wants to do.

Time to board.

<Let's begin,> he says, and without any further preamble, turns and walks up the ramp to the Mirage. Varit, the largely unproven Taxxon Controller, looks around at Ossanlin nervously, awaiting the Captain's okay before following the TO. Varit's affinity for rules and regulations, Aetheas reflects, seems utterly at-odds with the necessities of this sort of unpredictable rogue operation, and the stress seems to make the Yeerk less and less vocal as time goes on.

Aetheas catches the look Ossanlin is giving him, though what it means, he cannot immediately discern.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:46:13 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 04:34:09 PM »
Ossanlin nods to Aetheas.  <Very well, away crew to appropriate shuttles.>  He suits his own words by following Aetheas up the ramp into the Mirage, Varit following him as well.  He makes his way to the front of the modified ship.  There isn't a lot of room on the flight deck, but he suppresses his urge to cringe whilst thinking about such close-quarters with a Taxxon.

Ossanlin commands the primary hatch to seal and nods to Aetheas.  <Prepare the navigation for our Z-Space jump, Command Warrior.>  He moves his main eyes to the Taxxon.  <Let me know when the boarding crew reports ready aboard the Tigirin, Varit.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »
Ferxal and Claxter boarded the ship to get things started. Claxter himself went toward the helm, though he wasn't sure he'd actually be doing the piloting. It had just become second nature to be at the helm of any ship.

Ani-Master 2014!