Author Topic: Ever have a dream about Animorphs  (Read 907 times)

Offline Bootlebat

Ever have a dream about Animorphs
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »
For a long time after the books were done I would occasionally have dreams I was at the book store and would notice they had started making new ones. When I saw the re-released versions back in 2011 I had to check to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Ever have a dream about Animorphs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
Of course I've had dreams about Animorphs. Turning into things. Being trapped in a pool, covered in Yeerks. Other random stuff.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Bootlebat

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
no one else has ever had a dream about them?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »
Yeah, I've had Ani-dreams.  Usually involving running around thinking you were an animal even though you really weren't?  Like, I'd just be randomly scuttling along the ground and thinking "I'm a lizard now!"  :D  Then a few minutes later being like "Wait . . . dammit."

I do remember one, though, where Cassie was debating getting trapped in morph, and trying to decide what animal to be for the rest of her life.  I think it was down to wolf or grizzly bear (um, dream self, Cassie doesn't even have a grizzly bear morph . . . )  Don't remember why she was having to be trapped, though, and I woke up pretty soon after that.

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
Lately, my dreams have mostly been about Borderlands, Animorphs, or both at the same time (which is AWESOME).  I had one where Ax, for some reason, was debating with me (as Zer0) about the best way to customize a shredder beam weapon.  He seemed very opinionated on the matter.  I also started working on building up Deathtrap to look more like a Hork-Bajir for even more shredifying power, so that was fun.  Can't remember much else.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline rosinbackrider

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
I have dreams about being an Animorph, I'm being chased by bad guys, never yeerks though. And I usually turn into a hawk or an eagle and i get to fly and it's amazing!

Offline Kyle

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »
I wouldn't call them full blown animorphs dreams. Ive had some of the actors from the show make cameos (Brooke Nevin and Shawn Ashmore).  Not even sure if they were in character or not. They were just there, being normal people.

Morphing wise I had the ability once, but was only able to morph my hand into a dog paw. Wasn't able to finish the morph. I think because this was a lucid dream, which are dreams where you're aware that your dreaming and have some degree of control over what happens. The problem with those is you can get so excited about all the possibilities that you wake up before getting to do much.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »
So I had an Ani-dream last night, and it was really cool, which was weird because it was the first time the TV cast was the Animorphs in my dream....even Ax....but it was actually wonderfully executed so, well don't TV people as I imagined you should have done.

So this was like a mash up of 29 and 32, told from 3rd person pov interestingly enough. I don't think Rachel actually got split in two, but she dealing with some dark stuff that was effecting the group-in lieu of getting sick I suppose- and at they also had to get out Aftran. Stuck to that story pretty well (I love my Animorphs dreams, the visuals and effects are so good- V3's final morph was a boss.) Somehow Rachel and Cassie's arc's met up at the end, something about Rachel solving hear vartag (That's how it was sounded, but it was spelled w/o an R) help in resolving what to do with Aftran
Weird thing was though is that they are all inside I think a Bubba Gump's and who hear this horrible noise, like whale song if the whale is being tortured. So everyone goes outside, and there's a group of Yeerks, like 6 of them. Without host though. Just Yeerks. And they all look like Gollum. For some reason the YPM is there to see Aftran off, and turns out she's the one who's singing so terribly. Now they all look like Gollum, but she's also a wreck, weird, tribal tatto's all over her, and everyone else is singing fine, but man, she is just painful to behold.
So everyone is watching and the Yeerks are singing and finally she marches into the sea, morphs whale and swims off. Again, gorgeous, gorgeous scenery, and felt everyone's emotions really clearly. Pretty good. First time in a while dreamt like that
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

SmartGirl333

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:21 PM »
One time I dreamed that we had to leave earth for whatever reason and I was arguing with Jake if we could take my dog.