Author Topic: Returning to an old favorite  (Read 1304 times)

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
Returning to an old favorite
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »
I loved the Animorphs series years ago as a kid and returned the fandom when inspired by Animorph posts on tumblr.

I started rereading the series with the help of the forum's eBook collection. I'm partway through #5 now, and read Ellimist Chronicles forma  paper copy. (PDF's on the Adobe Reader iPhone app - eBook reading is a great thing to do with a smartphone, better than silly arcade games)

I'm an active fanfic writer for some of my other favorites, and am working on plans for an Animorphs fic.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Returning to an old favorite
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. It's nice to meet you!

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 10:55:47 PM »
Hey there, and welcome to RAF! Do join in on our Animorphs discussions and relive the old days again. :)

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 11:06:54 PM »
Hi, everybody.
Saffa, Game Of Thrones is one of my other favorites. (The Hunger Games is another.)
My Animorphs fic is a non-crossover, but it's set in the present day, including GOT and THG amongst the updated pop culture reference. 

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »
Haha, I see the signature worked ;) We also have a Game of Thrones discussion thread here. Watch out for spoilers!

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 12:34:31 AM »
I noticed the Khaleesi usertitle before the Tyrion quote in your sig. But I did see both. And there's someone else around here with a Tyrion quote on a black blackground with a picture of him. Don't worry, I've read all of the ASOIAF books and watched all of the GOT TV show.

The GOT and THG references I've already written:

“They merely enter the minds of their wolves? Amateurs.” Marco said. “But I would like to have a dragon morph. And this Dany chick, sounds like she makes Rachel look like Cassie by comparison.” His joke went too far, several sets of eyes staring him down. Jake, first cousin isn’t a problem for them, quite mild even, he refrained from adding. “There is a good point about focusing on the real enemy instead of fighting amongst your own species.”

Rachel, as another member of their book club, spoke of a different series. “This Snow knows something, but not much compared to the tortures Visser Three carries out. That Gale guy, though, I like how he does what’s brutally necessary to fight a war.”

Truth was stranger than fiction for them now.