Author Topic: What alien species did you want to know more about?  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Bootlebat

What alien species did you want to know more about?
« on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:52 AM »
I've always been curious about the five from #25, mainly due to the unusual choice of name. Maybe they have some relation to the 333s in the Ellimist Chronicles?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: What alien species did you want to know more about?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:03 AM »
Well, obviously the 333s over time gave rise to the Five, which the Andalites think they wiped out but it turns out some bit of them survived and became the One.

I kid, but...maybe I don't

Pemalites, for sure, I never got a good visual on what they looked like, and of course it'd be interesting to see there history.
The Nesk, curious what they've been up to for the last 65 million years.
Whatever the species the Drode is, and Crayak for that matter. And the thing that kicked out Crayak way back when.

I always found it weird that we never got more of the Taxxon POV, that could have been interesting to see them separate from the Yeerks.

But above all, left to one, the Skrit Na. My god, the Skrit Na, where, when, why, what. Arguably the catalyst of every major event in the series, but I we ever get is "worthless species, the Skrit Na."
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »
How about the Kelbrid?  Granted, they are only one loose end at the end of the series out of many, but all we ever get is the fact that they're apparently badass enough to make the Andalites scared of them, they might be xenophobic (that was my take, at least), and a possibility what their ships might look like.  Just enough, of course, to make you want to know more.  :P

But I have to agree with all RYTX's answers, too.  Didn't even think about the Skrit Na, but that's an excellent point, right there.

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
The Kelbrid were pretty much just an endgame piece of the puzzle, though, we didn't need to know anything about them because their purpose was just to exist, as a one-book plot device, a deterrent.

Like The One.  He's a big absorbing-entity guy that kills all the Animorphs except Cassie.  *Shrugs*  Imagination takes over at that point, and it probably should, there's no point in detailing this stuff unless they're a recurring idea that needs depth.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Bootlebat

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »
I've been curious about Kelbrid also. For some reason I always imagined theyd look sort of like griffins.

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »
Pemalites for sure (but you all knew that about me, lol). I'm also a bit curious about the Generationals from the Ellimist Chronicles. I used to have a lot of headcanons about them, but I never wrote them down and kinda forgot about most of them?
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »
The Onganchics, maybe. I believe it was a species that had no planet, so the Yeerks couldn't conquer them for being spread out among colony ships.

Although there are some species mentioned once, early in the series, that are never mentioned again. The Sstram and the Mak that apparently got conquered like the Hork-Bajir and Taxxons, but we never see any.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Bootlebat

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »
Pemalites for sure (but you all knew that about me, lol). I'm also a bit curious about the Generationals from the Ellimist Chronicles. I used to have a lot of headcanons about them, but I never wrote them down and kinda forgot about most of them?

What did you think the generationals would look like just wondering?

VisserZer0

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »
The Onganchics, maybe. I believe it was a species that had no planet, so the Yeerks couldn't conquer them for being spread out among colony ships.

Although there are some species mentioned once, early in the series, that are never mentioned again. The Sstram and the Mak that apparently got conquered like the Hork-Bajir and Taxxons, but we never see any.
The Ssstram have interested me for ages, mostly because their name starts with a triple consonant and that's just weird. :P

Offline Bootlebat

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
me too. I always thought they would be snake or lizard like based on their name

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 01:41:39 AM »

What did you think the generationals would look like just wondering?

I hadn't gotten that far, lol. Most of my headcanons involved how I would go about writing a fic from their point of view when they're implied at having a collective consciousness, like the Howlers.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »

1) Ssstram, 2) Mak, 3) Nahra (spl?). I don't know why, but these three, with the Onganchics as a fourth, interested me for whatever reason. I intended on including them in a continuation of the series that I never got around to continuing after writing Animorphs 55.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »

1) Ssstram, 2) Mak, 3) Nahra (spl?). I don't know why, but these three, with the Onganchics as a fourth, interested me for whatever reason. I intended on including them in a continuation of the series that I never got around to continuing after writing Animorphs 55.

Actually, I've planned out the first few books of a continuation (55-60 so far), and the Mak play quite an important role. The Ssstram are described a little in my current fic, The Main Course. I was always intrigued, so I thought I might expand on the a little in my writings. :)
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline mistrali

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »
Well, obviously the 333s over time gave rise to the Five, which the Andalites think they wiped out but it turns out some bit of them survived and became the One.

I kid, but...maybe I don't

Pemalites, for sure, I never got a good visual on what they looked like, and of course it'd be interesting to see there history.

But above all, left to one, the Skrit Na. My god, the Skrit Na, where, when, why, what. Arguably the catalyst of every major event in the series, but I we ever get is "worthless species, the Skrit Na."

I rather liked that, actually. The Skrit Na are (IIRC) the little grey men, so it seems fitting that they were kept mysterious. I don't think they were ever meant to be elaborated upon.
Agreed on the Pemalites! And the Andalites themselves sond fascinating. There were so many valuable opportunities to develop their culture, but we only really get #33 and parts of TAC.

Would've been nice to know some more about the Yeerks who were left behind on the home planet, but I guess the series didn't allow for that.

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 03:50:44 AM »
I loved the Skrit Na.  Don't think they really need to be expanded upon though, they're just crazy mad-scientists-slash-pirates/junkers with a wacky reproduction cycle.  Who mutilate cows for fun and crazy people in Nevada/Arizona rant about constantly.

Coolness.

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 08:41:54 PM »
All of them. I'm a sucker for canon details in general. The first particular example that comes to mind is Andalite civilian culture.

Skrit Na seem like a great in character explanation for stereotypical aliens, not sure what else to do with them.

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
Yeah, I would have loved to get a little deeper into the Andalite stuff, it's one of the reasons the Chronicles book is probably my favorite overall Animorphs entry.

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 09:16:57 PM »
Yeah, The Andalite Chronicles is definitely one of my favorites so far in my reread.

Offline Bootlebat

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »
What I think is weird about the Skrit Na is how they apparently haven't made any progress/change since the time of The Ellimist Chronicles (at least 65 million years ago)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »
They're just said to develop at different rates, from memory.  Like the Andalites are more advanced than humans, but they progress slower, aren't quite so entrepreneurial and exploratory.  Probably the same with the Na, they just got to a point they didn't need any more stuff for whatever their biology compels them to do, scavenge and steal and screw with, and just kinda plateaued. 

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »
The Venber and anything about the Anati area
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
The Venber and anything about the Anati area

The Crayak and the One!

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 12:04:39 AM »
The Anati, they are soooooo mysterious and yet the battle at Anati plays a part in starting the final arc!
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline TheWolfEmperor

• The Salem Author From Bennington
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »
The Kelbrid were pretty much just an endgame piece of the puzzle, though, we didn't need to know anything about them because their purpose was just to exist, as a one-book plot device, a deterrent.

I have always held to the belief that the Kelbrid was a parting gift from Applegate and Grant to the fans, or more specifically, the fanfiction writers.

Temrash mentioned the conquest of two other alien races, the Makk and the SStram. I would like to have seen that explored more thoroughly. But then KA also refers to Subvissers as Undervissers, so I think it was still in the early stages when she was trying to plan what direction he series would go in.
Author, Blogger, Soldier, Spy