Author Topic: The many morphs of Visser Three  (Read 809 times)

Offline Bootlebat

The many morphs of Visser Three
« on: June 14, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »
2 questions: 1. Why does he only ever use each morph once (except that 8 headed monster one)? 2. If you wrote a book what would you have him morph into? I would have him morph a monster that's like a giant tapir that shoots exploding orb things out of its snout.

Offline pallosalama

Re: The many morphs of Visser Three
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »
1. That is very good question, this could be discussed for good time. Here are my possible answers:

A) He wants to show off with large amount of dangerous morphs
B) He switches morphs so they can't predict what he is going to morph into(and find possible weaknesses in it)
C) Ghost writers didn't bother to look info about previous morphs

Can't think about more right now.

If I had to make morph for him it would be creature at extreme speeds, much faster than Garatrons.
But that would of course be too hard to beat  :P
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
A giant fire breathing spider with eight heads and legs seems like about all you'd need for a land battle morph.

Ani-Master 2014!

NateSean

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:37:49 AM »

I feel like this is the most likely option.

Visser Three had a near pathological obsession with collecting things that began when he first discovered the Andalite body. The Andalites were the complete antithesis of the Yeerks. Agile, deadly, and with four eyes that could see all around them and Esplin wanted those things. When he found out the Andalites could also become other, deadlier animals, that was just the cherry on an already delicious hot fudge sundae.

All of his morphs are just an extension of his need to be bigger and more powerful and to always have something that his opponents don't have. His collection of medieval torture devices in his room is a testament to his obsessive need to collect things that can give him the ability to hurt other people.

I always had one friend or two that were single kids and their parents could afford to get them everything. Visser Three is not that kid. Visser Three is the best friend that comes over to that kid's house and all he can think about is that kid's toys.

Offline Snakie

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 11:16:56 PM »
I can't imagine he's had sufficient practice with the number of morphs we see him in.

I think he's just an impulsive guy who likes to terrify and mystify his opponents.

I also think K.A. just really liked coming up with new alien forms.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 07:22:22 AM »
Well V3 is the perfect opportunity to have interesting, monstrous creatures to threaten the animorphs with. Changing it up almost every time keeps it from being predictable. That's actually part of the reason they don't tend to attack him mid morph. Even if he wasn't surrounded by Hork-Bajir, they don't know if he'll start sprouting toxic spikes, or spew acid, or any number of things.

The biggest issue is that he's way overused, to the point where he's just not terrifying anymore.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
The biggest issue is that he's way overused, to the point where he's just not terrifying anymore.

I do have to agree quite on this point. He was more like comical antagonist who always fails, I mean he was supposedly deadly enemy yet all he managed to kill was controllers under his control?
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »
It would have been better if someone else was put in charge of some things on the ground. Someone the Animorphs could interact with frequently, who would lose. In fact it could be a good plotline that these Subvissers or whatever would be killed for failure, and eventually Tom's Yeerk would get put in charge. Then the Animorphs have to worry about Tom getting killed, which would force the issue of trying to save him again.

This would allow V3 to be seen rarely, and when he does show up it's a pants wetting, abort mission moment

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 02:29:50 AM »
1. That is very good question, this could be discussed for good time. Here are my possible answers:

B) He switches morphs so they can't predict what he is going to morph into(and find possible weaknesses in it)
C) Ghost writers didn't bother to look info about previous morphs

Couldn't they be ordered to look up info on previous Visser 3 morphs?

Can't think about more right now.

If I had to make morph for him it would be creature at extreme speeds, much faster than Garatrons.
But that would of course be too hard to beat  :P

I would have him morph a fire breathing dragon!