Author Topic: Berenson fake name  (Read 1928 times)

Offline GalagaGuru

• This Blog Loves You
Re: Berenson fake name
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 01:38:40 AM »
I guess we can safely assume the books never fell into Yeerk hands, I guess. At least, not until the end.

See, this kind of touches on something I've always thought: The obscured details weren't there to make it impossible for the Yeerks to find them. They were there so that, in the disaster scenario that any of these diaries goes missing, the Yeerks will take an hour or two to piece together who they are and they can get the hell out of dodge.

Offline Tim Bruening

Re: Berenson fake name
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 02:20:47 AM »
You guys are making the assumption that they didn't change the names of their parents and relatives and what not. Jake's name might of been his true name, but is there any evidence that that was true for them all? I vaguely remembering a book where the narrator said that they changed the names of the people and places, but I cannot remember which (had to leave my collection behind when I escaped my mother's place).

Jake says that his brother "Tom" is a high ranking Controller.   His family consists of a father, a mother, Tom, and Jake.  The Yeerks now need only figure out which of their young male Controllers has a Mom, a Dad, and a younger brother, then scoop up all such younger brothers.