Author Topic: Hello, it's me  (Read 2009 times)

Offline ilvos01

Hello, it's me
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »
I'm ilvos01! You can call me Rey.
Probably not a very unique statement on this board, but Animorphs had a profound impact on my young life. Probably not the best of influences for an ten year old.
Anyway, my school only had about fifteen Animorphs books, from various points in the series. I read them all repeatedly, though not in any order at first. It's actually kind of a funny story. I would sit in the back of the class, near a small bookshelf. Maybe five of the books were on it, among others. I read them during class, instead of paying attention. One day during recess, I went to every classroom and found all of the others, putting them on that one shelf so I could read them.
Anyway, I recently downloaded all of them so I could read them all the way through! I always told myself I'd buy them all when I was older, but this is way cheaper.
Except.... the documents aren't really kindle-formatted. And honestly a lot of them aren't even very well made. And there are sixty of these tiny tiny books, all separate! So I put them all into one document and started reading them, correcting formatting and spelling errors as I go. (only ones that are from the PDF and not the books) and when I'm finished I'm going to make a PC-format and a Kindle-format.
I call it... ANIMORPHNIBUS
Anyway, aside from all that super cool stuff, I'm just happy I found a fan community online! Up to talk about anything.
Word.
That's that
Alrighty then
Cool

Thanks for reading!

Offline pallosalama

Re: Hello, it's me
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:48:19 AM »
(targeted towards thread topic:) Me, me, me. *pause* Me too!
No but seriously, hello there. This place is pretty amazing, glad that you found it  :)
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 06:51:35 AM »
Haha, I'm glad you think so. And welcome to RAF! It is pretty amazing. :D

I got the titles I didn't have from back when RAF still had the ebooks up. We had to take them down due to copyright issues, but that doesn't mean they can't be lurking around out there somewhere... ;)

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »
haha... i can appreciate the animorphs book scavenger hunt. i think that it's hilarious that you went and stole all of the other classrooms' books. *snicker* that's being resourceful. do you remember which ones you found? do you have a favorite?

ah... that also reminds me. that ebook project. (we took 'em down, saffa? D: was that because they started the re-release in kindle format?) i think that i submitted edits and formatting to one of those buggers. took me hours. in any case, uhm.... continuing that line of thought, scott's on a roadtrip.... so. LET ME STEAL SOME INFORMATION FROM HIM.

We're currently trying to make this forum more appealing and more active. We're calling it the Revitalaissance. Basically, if there's anything you could want or hope for from a community of Animorphs fans, we want to hear about it and make it happen ^_^

Once you finish the series, head over to the Animorphs Board, which has tons of discussions about portions of the series that you'd never think twice about. Drop in, join some discussions, enjoy.

Also, we here at RAF do periodically re-read the series. Check out the re-read board for a number of questions and thoughts from other fans and RAFians as they've reread the series (note the board full of older rereads, too!). And then, if you're into never, EVER letting the story end, there's a bunch of excellent Animorphs fanfiction and art projects around here, as well as a few RP's that are still alive (I highly recommend checking out the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar or Rogue Element). There are also a number of fan projects listed here, including the Animorphs Audiobook Project, which is undergoing a bit of a revival-- check out their new releases of the first ten chapters of Megamorphs 1!

There's a lot of non-Animorphs stuff on this forum, too, including a bunch of Discussions and Debates, there are other fanfictions and art projects and roleplays (Check out Adventures in Aidyn!). Our members have profile threads that will help you get to know them better.

And if you're just looking to hang out and have some fun, we play games of (Animorphs-themed) Mafia and The Resistance frequently, and let's not forget the Bored Board, which is a great place to go if you're ever... well. Bored. Or looking for a quick way to get to know some of our most active members.
boom. if that doesn't keep you moderately busy, entertained, or otherwise... uhm. well, they'll manage all of the above. :D

i'm courtney, by the way. (court, itw, kitw, etc. - i'm lax about the name thing.)

welcome! :)
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:29:04 AM »
We took them down because Scholastic made us take them down. :P Anyway..

Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you!

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
mmmm. i was on hiatus at the time, so maybe i'm only imagining the coincident timing.

how did scholastic find out about us? xD we weren't sneaky enough, gosh darn it.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Hello and welcome!  Lol, I love that you went classroom-to-classroom on a hunt for the books.  That sounds like something I would do.  Fortunately, I had the Bookmobile to keep me busy, instead.

Anyway, I'm DinosaurNothlit, usually better known as DN or Dino.  Nice to meetya!