Author Topic: pallosalama has arrived  (Read 2152 times)

Offline pallosalama

pallosalama has arrived
« on: April 24, 2014, 02:32:26 PM »
Soo, I finally got this registration thing done(I had to re-register, since didn't get the activation link in 2 weeks waiting time  ::) ).
This forum looks pretty interesting, and here is my little cool story:
Rode animorphs 1-20 few times, first time about 7 years(?) ago, I believe.
The problem was, that no more than those are translated to finnish, and only 2 Megamorphs books, don't even think about other side books.
So month or so ago I started to read series through again, and wanted this time to read them all, so I checked and found nice
offer at eBay about all books, so of course I bought it.
Currently on book 51, I'm kind of sad that there are so few left.

Looking forward to have some nice conversations here.
pallosalam
e: Amazing, even spell checking machine here! (Not that I'd need it, "soo" was only word that showed up as red)
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: pallosalama has arrived
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you!

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »
That is some serious postcount you have there!
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
Not to spoil the last books, but, yanno, brace yourself.  The ending's a rough one.

Anyway, I'm DinosaurNothlit, but you can call me DN or Dino.  Most people do.  Welcome to RAF!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »
*drags his feet into the thread, too tired to do his usual intro spiel.*

Hello, there, uh, pallosalama. I am Cloak, resident Realm Walker, writer of RAFaward-winning "Memoirs of a RAFian". Please register your species in the . . . oh, I lost the link again, oh well.

Hope to see you around. Don't go lurker on us!

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 10:50:01 PM »
Oh, Cloaky, you really shouldn't throw that link around.

Anyway, hi! Welcome to RAF! I'm Saffa from India. Nice to see so many people from different countries on here and enjoying Animorphs! :D

And yes. Steph's post count is one of legend, myth and lore. We don't know how it got there exactly, but I suspect it has something to do with a RAF Party hangover. And cinnamon buns. And rabbits. Well, maybe not the rabbits.

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 06:40:33 AM »
Maybe he absorbed other top posters postcount?
Unfortunately I have spoiled myself abit about the end, but luckily those wikias don't have it all there, otherwise I would know too much already  ::)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:59 AM »
That's a possibility. She's a sneaky genie.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
That's a nifty avatar you got there, by the way.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 01:27:44 PM »
welcome, pallosalama!

i'm courtney (or court, or kitw, or itw). :)

goodness. i'm not used to posting spoiler alerts about animorphs on the site. i appreciate the heads-up. xD i'll keep a lookout. i hope that you enjoy the rest of the series!

saffa: that could explain a lot about steph. D: she's been absorbing others' posts! good point, pallo. ;)
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Thank you, dinosaur. Been using this avatar for years now, though when I switched computer I kind of got scared for a while because couldn't find this pic anywhere.
I believe it fits my nickname pretty well, because pallosalama means thunderbolt in finnish  ;)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
Steph is The One! I should have known!

Anyway, Pallo, it's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to RAF! I'm sorry if my introduction is a bit late, but I had to gather all these links, doncha know? Here's a quick taste of what's on RAF ^_^

We're currently trying to make this forum more appealing and more active. We're calling it the Revitalaissance. Basically, if there's anything you could want or hope for from a community of Animorphs fans, we want to hear about it and make it happen ^_^

Once you finish the series, head over to the Animorphs Board, which has tons of discussions about portions of the series that you'd never think twice about. Drop in, join some discussions, enjoy.

Also, we here at RAF do periodically re-read the series. Check out the re-read board for a number of questions and thoughts from other fans and RAFians as they've reread the series (note the board full of older rereads, too!). And then, if you're into never, EVER letting the story end, there's a bunch of excellent Animorphs fanfiction and art projects around here, as well as a few RP's that are still alive (I highly recommend checking out the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar or Rogue Element). There are also a number of fan projects listed here, including the Animorphs Audiobook Project, which is undergoing a bit of a revival-- check out their new releases of the first ten chapters of Megamorphs 1!

There's a lot of non-Animorphs stuff on this forum, too, including a bunch of Discussions and Debates, there are other fanfictions and art projects and roleplays (Check out Adventures in Aidyn!). Our members have profile threads that will help you get to know them better.

And if you're just looking to hang out and have some fun, we play games of (Animorphs-themed) Mafia and The Resistance frequently, and let's not forget the Bored Board, which is a great place to go if you're ever... well. Bored. Or looking for a quick way to get to know some of our most active members.

Hoping you enjoy your time here and decide to stick around ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 07:11:09 AM »
Thank you for your effort with all the links. I do have to say, I saw them already somewhere else  :D
Rode last book in the series yesterday, only few side books left  :'(

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 06:46:57 PM »
Thank you for your effort with all the links. I do have to say, I saw them already somewhere else  :D
Haha. Yeah, I may recycle that list ever-so-slightly. It's a lot of links to gather >.<

Rode last book in the series yesterday, only few side books left  :'(
Yay! I mean, bittersweet yay, since you're nearly out of new canon Animorphs material, but you're now with us on the rest of the series. Here's a :hug: for that ending.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story