Author Topic: Operation MAAS  (Read 8429 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Operation MAAS
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »
Hahaha! This is amusing.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
:(

Not to me.

I get all excited and then BAM. My hopes are crushed. :(
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
I have an idea:

Why don't we start over?

The plot was on the verge of dying when the forum  moved, anyway. Why not start completely fresh?
Jayne is back, as well as Shanker and Xan. Duff, Anna, and I are all here.

Let's play again!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 12:04:36 PM »
I'd be down with that.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 12:08:10 PM »
hmm.... seems like a good idea
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 10:44:18 AM »
haha gotcha, suckers! No I'm actually not kidding!!!! Read on...

Yea I’ve actually been thinking about that too este. I think it could be a fun idea. What do you think guys? Wanna have another go? Lol But instead of just a restart, I think a complete revamp might be a good idea, to allow for some new storylines and keep things interesting.
But not changing the characters or the actual world we’ve created, cause I think it kicks arse lol, but changing the situation we’re in. So we could ignore the old timeline and just move ahead to something else, or we could ignore that stuff and start at a fresh meeting.
What I think would be good is if everyone who is interested in restarting come up with an idea or two of how we could revamp the rp, then we can start a new thread and depending on how many we get back maybe add a new character or two, but since almost everyone’s still around we might not need to.
So, what do you guys think? Play Again? And what should we make it about?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »
My ideas:

1. Each of us has, at some point, invented an NPC. Start over as THAT character, in place of the main one. I'd be playing Onyx, I think, if that happened. She doesn't have enough plot. Tsk tsk.

or

2. Each of us plays our usual character, to avoid the confusion, but we re-write their histories and the plot. For starters, Isabel Stone must stop being a flippin' Mary-Sue. Yes. That's right. I wrote a Sue. So sue me.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:41 PM »
hmm... i kinda like idea 1

like the second team involving tyler, onyx, etc... speaking of tyler, i should probably write the last chapter of my fic... hmm.... oh well

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 06:43:18 PM »
hmm, that could be fun, but i dont really have one, and i dont think everybody does

yea shank, one chapter to go! come on now

ok hmm...some ideas...

we could time travel back to the 70's and discover that the roller disco we all hang out at is going to be shut down unless we can raise 30 grand in a week, the same week of the big competition

ok but seriously lol...

okay, we become a special forces unit of the army during wartime, it can either be an old war and we are all just meeting, or we can acknowledge the old rp and just move time ahead to where we werent able to prevent the fourth war

the world is almost completely infested by yeerks and we're a small underground resistance force, kinda like #41 lol

hmm...more ideas!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »
Another idea: we restart the RP, with the following:

It's the 4th war, a long and nasty one, we failed to prevent it, and our CHILDREN (or clones, like Erik) are serving in our places. Actually, Anna + Jayne could probably keep their own characters, who are young enough now that later they could play the older ones. I'd use a character who is another Stone/Shade hybrid (or an Onyx/Shade hybrid, to mix it up), with much less Mary-Sue factor. We could ALL be specially trained Estreens, really. It would be a war setting instead of a City, and we would NEED to keep it on Earth OR in space, and not jump back and forth between them.

----

Forget that. I'm making a starter post for the new O.MAAS.
Maybe "Operation MAAS: The Next Generation"?
It should happen at least half a decade after the original, probably later.
Gimme' opinions. If it sucks, TELL ME.

---
Stardate 451.32.81
If you are reading this...well...it's a very good sign for Earth if you are reading this, because it will mean that we haven't failed, even if we are long gone. Sure, by the time this gets to you, the facts will have been rearranged to fit the politicians' and militaries' stories. Still, I'd like for somebody, at least ONE PERSON, to have the truth of it all. Sure, you know what you saw on the news, what you read in the history books. I know what you've probably been told. Well...most of it, maybe all of it, is a lie.
Hopefully my story and the stories of my friends will be enough to show you what really happened.

If you've read this far, then maybe you have an idea, from their last journals, what William Higgins, Isabel Stone, Daniel Nabet, Ellie Hunter, and Leia Burg were like before they died. Maybe you've even learned some things about Juggernaut. I've saved these papers, kept them in secret, for the day that someone would find them here in this old ruin, the last remains of the New York Public Library, where it all started for them. Where the Last War started.

If you met me on the street and I told you my name, you would probably kill me on the spot, no questions asked. Why?
My name is Miranda Lucas. I am twenty-six years old, and a three-way war is raging between the Human/Hork-Bajir alliance, the Andalites, and the Yeerks. I am...or, by the time you read this, I WAS...the fourth of seven super-clones created from the recombinant DNA of Isabel Stone and Alexander Lucas. I think that the rest are already dead at the time of this writing, but I can't be sure. Erik, Sebastian, and Ariel...they have to be dead, I know it...but the other three might still live. I don't know. It doesn't matter. They can't help me now, anyway. Nobody can. I have just enough time, I think, to write this down and hide it before the next wave of shock troops arrives at the door. I cannot win this time. Not alone.

Oh, yes. I am the daughter of two of the Monsters of your nightmares, two of the beings who inexplicably chose to save their friends from the frozen void and let the world burn.
However, I am also the neice of Emma Frost, the Heroine that gave her life to see Stone destroyed...even if she failed in that task.

By now, you have an idea of Stone's and Frost's motives, whether or not you choose to believe them.
So don't judge me too quickly. There are many sides to every story.

By the time you find this journal of the Last War, my comrades and I will be long dead and famous, either as heroes or abominations, and I don't know which it will be, yet. All I can say is that we did our best, against all odds, and I, for one, can claim no situation in which I would have acted differently. I think that my friends...my family... would say the same, if they were still here to tell their tales. Each of them secretly kept a journal like mine, and I managed to find them all and piece them together, in the order that it all happened. Just like my...father...did for my mother, and for Higgins, and for the entire team. What you read here is not for the faint-of-heart, and it will change the way you read the propaganda in your textbooks. Are you sure that you want to read this? Very well. Let's start nine years ago, when I was only seventeen. Let's start at the beginning of the end.
---

(next person starts the story)

I was thinking that it could be one of three ways, if we go with this:
1. The other characters are Stone's other clone-kids.
2. They are descendants of the other original characters.
3. They are random people that got dragged into the story.

Of course, it can be any combination of the above.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:16:28 PM by Estelore »

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »
should we post profiles?

Name: Tyler Nabet-Temple (nickname: Dynomite)

Personality: athletic, smart, absolutely no regard for rules.

Looks: Short dark hair, 5'8'', average weight, muscular

History: His mother was Karen Nabet, and his father was Steven Temple. His grandfather, Daniel Nabet, died when Tyler was only 3 and at the age of 6 Tyler's namesake and grandfather's best friend taught him how to wield a sword. Tyler was on his high school's football team and maintanted a 94 average. His father, a scientist working on the ways to improve the Efascil Device, gave Tyler the morphing power when he was 10. By the age of 14 Tyler had been kicked out of 5 schools for morphing people in positions of authority and playing pranks on the teachers or principal. Although still in high school, Tyler found ways to seem older, from his wide array of fake IDs to his morphs of people much older than him. Tyler had always felt the need to live up to his grandfather and had vowed to join the army as soon as he turned 18. When the newest war had begun, Tyler used one of his fake IDs to get into the army.

Morphs: Golden Eagle, Bengal Tiger, Gorilla, Fierce Snake (the most venomous in the world), Roach, Fly, Seagull, Horned Owl, a wide variety of humans (notable examples are: his parents, the mayor, his army recruiter), Hork-Bajir
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 11:57:30 AM by DaToSh »

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 10:13:13 PM »
well, this seems like it will probably be the plot we go with, but lets wait until we get everyones opinion and get a vote in about how to best start up again, no rush on it right

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »
i posted a profile for it anyway

there are spoilers for my fic, but who really cares

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008, 12:43:48 AM »
Name: Lynn Harris

Personality: She is curious and has a quick wit.

Looks: Long Blond Hair, ice-blue eyes, 5'7", Athletic build

History: Lynn recently found out she was adopted. She decided to find her biological family, leading her around the world and eventually to a ranch in the middle of the Australian Outback.

Tidbits: Most likely won't be getting the morphing power. Her family relationship depends on when the new RP is set.

Edit: I think I'm going to start a new thread for this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:44:26 AM by Walkaway Girl »

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Satan is dad, hell is my home.
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 07:46:33 PM »
can i use poison? (IM BACK)
My Theme song is The Number Of The Beast-Iron Maiden
Save a fire, Burn a tree
I put the laughter in manslaughter
“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill
"Vidi, Vici, Veni." - Julius Caesar
"Hope is the first step to disappointment" - Librarian, Blood Ravens