Author Topic: Megamorphs #6: Live Another Day  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Sean7029

Megamorphs #6: Live Another Day
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »
[/color] NOTICE TO READERS:THE TONEOF THIS FANFIC IS VERY DARK IF IT IS TOO MUCH FOR YOUPLZ DON'T READ!
PROLOGUE

My name is Cassie. I am a young woman who, for the most part, has dedicated my life to helping animals. It didn't matter whether a horse had a broken leg, or a bird a broken wing,  I always did my best to care for them. I have always been that way, and that is part of the reason I'm in a lot of trouble right now. You know, the dangerous kind. The kind that gets you killed.
These days I live in our nation's capital, even though I can't stand politics, but to be honest I wish I was there now, home. Because I'm pretty sure I'm about to die...
Sounds crazy, right? You have no idea.
Years ago, an Andalite war prince crashed his ship in the middle of a construction site in California. My friends and I met him, and he revealed to us that brain stealing slugs called yeerks were headed towards our planet with the sole intention of possessing our bodies, our minds, and our souls. All for their amusement. That's right, I said it. Alien invasion. He gave us the only weapon he could, the power to morph into any animal we could touch, and together my friends and I fought a war for the freedom of mankind. It was very long, and very brutal. Many people died, but when the smoke cleared the six of us had changed the world. By beating the yeerks, we had earned the right to be free. To live another day. So why do I sound a bit jaded, you ask? Like I said, that was years ago. I am not a little kid anymore. The world can be and is a very harsh place. My best friend died for nothing, and it took the whole war to show me that as a teen I was too soft. Killer with a conscience, they used to call me. Not anymore.  These days I and other morph capable humans fight domestic terrorism, and we slaughter the enemies of this nation and the free world. We liberate the tired, the weak, and the poor from oppression. With dracon beams on the black market, we can't afford to have mercy on those who seek to use them for nefarious purposes. You could say I am still an animorph, but these days the good guys have the advantage. We have the morphing power and most terrorists don't.  Well, at least that's what we thought ...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:35:10 PM by Sean7029 »