Author Topic: Project update ebooks!  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Azure

Project update ebooks!
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:53:47 AM »
I loved the Animorph books when I was younger and I wanted to read them again and went looking for the ebooks which led me here. I downloaded the pdf files which is nice but it would be even better to have these books as epub and mobi formats for reading on ereaders.  I am in the process of copying the text from the pdfs into google docs so that they can be cleaned up and converted into ereader formats.  Here is where you come in, I did the first seven books and then realized that this is going to take a while by myself so I need your help

I'll be added the rest of the books over the next couple days.

I need you guys to help me clean up the text by correcting obvious typos and for some of the books, removing the page numbers that were in the pdf version.

Of course the finished product would be posted here I would hope so that all of us and all future Animorph lovers can have a convenient way to read these books.

Let me know what you think, if no one is interested i'll probably still do it myself but it will just take a while.

Edit: never mind, I was told this isn't allowed so it's not happening.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:15:40 AM by Azure »

redtailedsaffa

Re: Project update ebooks!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:30:46 AM »
Well I can't do anything since I'm too busy with university, but you can go ahead, seeing as a good number of people do have Kindles and stuff. I don't know about copyright issues though - you'll have to ask Richard or the mods.

Speaking of which, don't remove all the typos - most of them were put there on purpose to avoid cpoyright infringement.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »
The ebook project is closed. Per Scholastic's request. So yeah, you can't do this here.

Offline Azure

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »
The ebook project is closed. Per Scholastic's request. So yeah, you can't do this here.

Alright, I didn't know. I'll take the link down.