Author Topic: Iskoort  (Read 2569 times)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: Iskoort
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 01:30:10 PM »
The only example I can think of (and this one is obscure enough to very possibly be a KASU) is a mention in #38 about Arbat 'selling' organs.  Which doesn't prove too much, as they may have been using the word 'sell' instead of 'trade' simply because words don't always translate directly that way.  But it's something.

As for the Skrit Na and the Ketrans, I don't think we know enough to know one way or the other.  The Skrit Na are more of a scavenger race than a trading race, anyhow, so I could actually see how they might evolve without the concept of currency (ie, if you can just take what you want from some unsuspecting planet whenever you want it, what's the point of having an assigned value system for buying and selling such things?).  Which might help explain the Iskoort situation, because they may have developed that same sort of opportunistic mindset as they were evolving, as well.  And only came up with trading when it became obvious that you can't always take everything you want with no consequences.

For the Ketrans, your guess is as good as mine.  The book never even goes into detail about what they look like, let alone how their economy works.

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:18 PM »
It's been forever since I've read the Ellimist, but weren't Ketran's kinda bipedal bird-like things?  I think there's some crazy wacky description of them in it somewhere.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
Well, we have a basic idea how many limbs they have, and that they have quills, or something.  And 'docking talons' and 'pods' whatever the crap those are.  But the book doesn't give you any real idea how they're actually put together.  :P

SmartGirl333

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »
those things you were confused of? they are feet.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
Guys i'm no longer a noob.

Offline planetstella

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 08:37:10 PM »

They're the main aliens focused on in #26, The Attack (the one where Cassie and Jake kiss XD) that are all born into a role (eg. Seller iskoorts, guild iskoorts, consumer iskoorts, etc) and end up leading the animorphs around. Oh, and their homeworld is where a battle between the Howlers (Crayak) and the (Animorphs) Ellimist takes place.

Yeah, I guess they were funny...though I personally found them also sorta annoying and weird.

You DO realise they were Yeerks, right?

Offline planetstella

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 08:37:55 PM »

I'm going with Pop Arena's theory on this one.

The Ellemist used the Iskoort as a smoke screen for his real intent, which was to remove the Howler's effectiveness as a tool of Crayak.

OH MY GOD YUSSSS. Agreed. Also, poparena RULES.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 02:04:47 AM »
That makes a lot of sense. How did that never occur to me? So, um, let's just discuss this over the page mark and pretend the OP never happened. Agreed?

SmartGirl333

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
I feel like the concept of a currency is simple enough concept, that most sentient races would use money.

Yeah, I reckon that the concept of something entirely useless that only exists because it is rare enough to use for trading is simple enough.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »

They're the main aliens focused on in #26, The Attack (the one where Cassie and Jake kiss XD) that are all born into a role (eg. Seller iskoorts, guild iskoorts, consumer iskoorts, etc) and end up leading the animorphs around. Oh, and their homeworld is where a battle between the Howlers (Crayak) and the (Animorphs) Ellimist takes place.

Yeah, I guess they were funny...though I personally found them also sorta annoying and weird.

GOOD Yeerks!

Offline planetstella

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »

GOOD Yeerks!

I know XD but they seemed to be forgetting that biological fact altogether :P

SmartGirl333

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
It seems like the Animorphs caught the Idiot Ball for a while there with that.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »
It seems like the Animorphs caught the Idiot Ball for a while there with that.

I remember Ax freaking out when he realized that the Iskoots are a type of Yeerk!