Author Topic: Does anyone remember Ax's joke?  (Read 6958 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Does anyone remember Ax's joke?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
I think I'm the only one who has skype.

Offline jtuttle

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 05:47:14 PM »
I think I'm the only one who has skype.
How would that be an issue?  It's free; everyone else can download it.  It's worth trying.

-- J.P.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 04:08:45 AM »
fine, I'll mention it in a thread (that is unless you want to)...wait isn't it in chinese...

Offline jtuttle

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 08:13:07 PM »
fine, I'll mention it in a thread (that is unless you want to)...wait isn't it in chinese...
There's an English version.  I have it.  And the Skype web page comes up in English.  (It definitely isn't in Chinese, though I'm sure they have a Chinese version...)

-- J.P.

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »
i've always imagined ax with an australian accent..
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »
WOW. Big surprise ::) :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
haha.. :P but i mean i've never thought of him with a British accent like some people who aren't from Britian.
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 09:39:17 PM »
i imagined them all with Canadian accents (same as americans) except they never said eh, which made me sad
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 11:03:15 PM »
There's an English version.  I have it.  And the Skype web page comes up in English.  (It definitely isn't in Chinese, though I'm sure they have a Chinese version...)

-- J.P.

all right, I'll make a thread about it.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 01:25:57 AM »
yea it was more a problem of getting everyone together to record it, especially when alot of times its just a few lines per character and then alot of narration, so it was way too difficult to get everyone together when it wasnt really necessary.

and for RAFcast, we are having the same problem of getting everyone together, and in this case its extremely necessary lol, but there will definately be more

oh and ax is hilarious, i kinda pictured a bit of a british accent on him, very subtle but kinda more distinguished then us drawling yanks

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »
Well i did imagine he spoke more precisely than aussie, but yeah.

I like when Ax gets a TV and he starts throwing in quotes from various tv shows/ads..funny haha.

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »
Yeah that was funny when he was talking about why he reached over and touched jake or the way he turned his head because thats how they did on the young and the restless. My favorite though was when he said the thing about "These Messages"

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
I always mentally gave Ax the voice of one of my best nerd-friends, because it (Ax's jargon) seemed like the sort of thing he'd say (the friend).

I also gave Visser Three the voice of Tim Curry.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Blake (xtrunkzx)

• Holy Frell...
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 11:49:04 PM »
I feel sorry of Ax, I mean he's humor-disabled...imagine life w/o jokes & sarcastic remarks?

Wait that was w/ all andalites right? n not just Ax?
Formally possibly known as Ty[ler]
I am active on tumblr and always can use more people to follow that post KA stuff.

Not an active member but pops in whenever possible or whenever remembered which is almost never...

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 11:59:05 PM »
no arbor had a sense of humor. I think it's mostly just military types that don't have humor.

I can imagine a life without humor.