Author Topic: Yeerk Crossovers?  (Read 3284 times)

Offline super_sonic

• Well, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman?
Yeerk Crossovers?
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:26:34 PM »
I was curious, ever since I started reading the Animorphs books, I was hooked. I also was wondering if the Yeerks somehow managed to crossover into various universes and make Controllers of characters such as:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Kakarot/Goku

Tails

Knuckles

Amy Rose

Chaos

Biolizard

Black Doom

Solaris/Mephiles/Iblis

Assorted Zelda and Dragonball Z heroes and villains
The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
Re: Yeerk Crossovers?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
http://www.fanfiction.net/book/Animorphs/  Probably got stuff like that if you look enough here. There's a LOT of Animorph fanfics.

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:37:02 PM »
Thanks. I don't actually read enough fanfiction to know that. I just knew it had to be there. :P

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »
Robotnik/Eggman was a Controller. How else would he have such awesome technology in an otherwise primitive world? He thought there were Andalites roaming around the place, that's why he was so obsessed with capturing animals in the early Sonic games. He's obviously not a high-ranking one, though.

The Andalite was Tails. During Sonic 1 he's hanging out in his spaceship, and when he finds out the Yeerks are on Sonic's planet (which is never actually referred to as Mobius, as far as I remember) he comes down in the form of a two-tailed fox to fight him off. Sonic never learns Tails's true intentions, though. This is why Tails cannot turn Super in Sonic 2, because he's not a true fox.

However, sometime between the events of Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, Tails the Andalite goes over the morph limit accidentally. Although he loses the power to morph, he gains the ability to turn Super or Hyper.

Robotnik tried to infest Knuckles too, but couldn't.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:36:17 AM by Nine Out Of Ten Vissers »
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline musicman88

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:51:17 AM »
I'd read a Sonic/Animorphs crossover fan-fic...
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »
Stargate SG-1 and Animorphs...hey, they both already have alien parasites...  ::)  The X-Files, too.  I'm pretty sure both of those have already been done, but it's a fun idea :P

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Gold Donor
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 04:13:59 AM »
Stargate SG-1 and Animorphs...hey, they both already have alien parasites...

I've read one of those, but I don't think it was ever finished. I think the premise was that the stargate malfunctioned and somehow switched Jack and Jake's bodies. Oh, and Daniel Jackson was a Controller and the Yeerks and Goa'uld were making some sort of alliance. I can't find it anymore, unfortunately.

I think the idea might work. I can't write fanfic very well, but if I could I might have a try at it. One thing I'd like to see in an SG-1/Animorphs crossover is how Ellimist and Crayak would fit in with Stargate's "Ancients".

I'm actually planning out a Pokemon-based sprite cartoon series and I'm trying to see how I might fit in Yeerks and/or Andalites (the series backstory explains how aliens came to be and their relation to Pokemon and humans on Earth). It's not a conventional Pokemon story at all.

One particular "scene" I was thinking about takes place in roughly 2001 in the series' timeline and involves the Team Galactic Commander Saturn (who is actually a Goa'uld System Lord, also named Saturn) trying to continue the former leader Cyrus's plans to become a "god." He uncovers the stargate which is buried somewhere in Sinnoh and is about to send a message to his fleet when one of the humans in Sinnoh's intelligence department (who is, of course, after the guy) reveals that he is actually an undercover Andalite sent to investigate possible Yeerk activity (the Yeerks, as it turns out, are operating in Kanto and feature somewhere else in the story).

As it turns out, the Pokemon world is both a blessing and a curse to both the Yeerks and the Andalites. Pokemon (who are explained to be a bit higher up on the sentience ladder than real life animals, with some - i.e. Alakazam - even being more intelligent than humans) could provide the Yeerk forces with a very powerful army of Controllers as well as powerful morphs for Andalite warriors. The downside being, of course, that some Pokemon (and humans, too, apparently) have some degree of psychic powers and could see through any Yeerk or Andalite disguise. Overall it's a nice concept, and I'm sure Pokemon/Animorphs has been done before - just not done how I plan to do it.

Whew, think I got a bit carried away there! :D

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »
i'd like to see a yeerk controlling another, larger parasite.
maybe a metroid?

Offline super_sonic

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
I dont think the Yeerks would stand a Snowball's chance in Hell of even getting close to the Dragon Ball Z universe... simply because IMO, every character, from the weakest hero (Chiaoutzu) to the most powerful villain (Syn/Omega Shenron) would be capable of single-handedly destroying the Yeerk Empire (during the Cell Games sage, even the weaker characters which were the humans such as Tien, Yamcha, Krillin, and Chiaoutzu had power levels of at least 1,000,000. During the Frieza Saga when Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaoutzu were training on the Kaio-Sama/North Kai's planet with the Ginyu Force, they were supposed to be as strong as Vegeta was at the time, if not a tad bit sronger.)

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »
That's the general problem with DBZ crossovers, when all the characters are strong enough to destroy a galaxy by sneezing on it. There are few others in fiction with that kind of power. You'd have to be pretty masterful to cross anything over with DBZ, which is why I don't try to do it.

My faux-Pokemon universe has some DBZ-esque elements in it, but the strongest any character on Earth gets would be a "power level" of around 40,000 (He is destroyed in a comical fashion, which I am not willing to say yet). Later on, in the "space" saga, the concept of "Pokemon Sync" allows Pokemon Trainers to "meld" with their Pokemon (it's like a half-morph; you and the Pokemon share the mind), and the fusion of the "Pokemon energy" and the human's life force unleashes massive power that would probably rank in the hundred thousands range. This is developed by the humans in order to combat a sort of "cyborg wizard scientist" who is capable of similar power. And, of course, Visser Seventeen (who was the visser stationed on Earth; he's since turned towards infiltrating the space colonies) would be interested in this too.

These humans are able to go into space partly because of the Goa'uld technology they acquired from the defeat of the System Lord Saturn in 2001. I'm not going to go into much detail as to why these humans are setting up space colonies, but suffice it to say that living on Earth is no longer possible.

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe such "Pokemon Sync" technology could come about as a result of a human-Andalite alliance of sorts? It's an interesting idea, but such an act would obviously contradict Seerow's Kindness. Maybe something comes up (Yeerks? Some even worse threat?) that forces the Andalites to, erm, revise their code of law somewhat.

Jeez, aren't crossovers fun?  ;)

Offline super_sonic

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »
I'd read a Sonic/Animorphs crossover fan-fic...

Where did you read this Sonic/Animorphs crossover

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Gold Donor
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »
He said "I'd" meaning "I would," not "I have" (which would be "I've").

Oh, and because I like the idea of crossovers in general,

I dont think the Yeerks would stand a Snowball's chance in Hell of even getting close to the Dragon Ball Z universe...
It's quite possible. Case in point: Dr. Gero's androids, which are monumentally strong themselves. The Yeerks and Andalites have technology that surpasses even the humans of the Dragonball world, and there are androids (the Chee) in Animorphs who have to be programmed to be non-violent just because, on its own, one Chee could probably take down a Blade ship. The Yeerks even made their own cyborg, Taylor, who appears in #33 and #43. If the Yeerks really tried, they could probably have made a cyborg that surpasses any creation of Gero's. I'm guessing they didn't make Taylor that strong because 1) She would have been impossible to beat (the out-of-story explanation) and 2) because the vissers and Council of Thirteen didn't want a low-ranking sub-visser to be powerful enough to obliterate their entire army on her own (Yeerk officers seem to be rather competitive in that regard). They could even throw in some Arn bio-technology (I'm going to assume they had the opportunity to scavenge Arn technology and might have even used it somewhere) into that cyborg.

Taylor used some sort of paralyzing substance, perhaps a poison, against her foes. Such a poison would probably be effective on Saiyans too. Or they could use a quantum virus like the type the Andalites used on Planet Hork-Bajir. I think, if carefully executed, it would make for an exciting story.

Offline super_sonic

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
He said "I'd" meaning "I would," not "I have" (which would be "I've").

Oh, and because I like the idea of crossovers in general,

I dont think the Yeerks would stand a Snowball's chance in Hell of even getting close to the Dragon Ball Z universe...
It's quite possible. Case in point: Dr. Gero's androids, which are monumentally strong themselves. The Yeerks and Andalites have technology that surpasses even the humans of the Dragonball world, and there are androids (the Chee) in Animorphs who have to be programmed to be non-violent just because, on its own, one Chee could probably take down a Blade ship. The Yeerks even made their own cyborg, Taylor, who appears in #33 and #43. If the Yeerks really tried, they could probably have made a cyborg that surpasses any creation of Gero's. I'm guessing they didn't make Taylor that strong because 1) She would have been impossible to beat (the out-of-story explanation) and 2) because the vissers and Council of Thirteen didn't want a low-ranking sub-visser to be powerful enough to obliterate their entire army on her own (Yeerk officers seem to be rather competitive in that regard). They could even throw in some Arn bio-technology (I'm going to assume they had the opportunity to scavenge Arn technology and might have even used it somewhere) into that cyborg.

Taylor used some sort of paralyzing substance, perhaps a poison, against her foes. Such a poison would probably be effective on Saiyans too. Or they could use a quantum virus like the type the Andalites used on Planet Hork-Bajir. I think, if carefully executed, it would make for an exciting story.

you forget that even the weakest character from Dragonball Z (oops i meant the weakest Z fighter) would be capable of taking out the entire Andalite fleet (of Dome ships) with BOTH hands tied behind his back. Even Gohan, when he was very young, was AT THE VERY LEAST like a living Dome ship in terms of power.

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 03:28:28 AM »
Zohrra and I were doing a Zelda/Animorphs/StarFox crossover it was very interesting. but we never finished it.

===============================================